** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

I would have been a fan of getting Frost to replace Bo.  I know, I know, he wasn't ready.  At this point, with all the talk about maybe Frost is the guy that we should go after ... I'm just curious if MR can put together a good enough season to keep his job and Frost goes to an even better program then Nebraska.  There will be better opportunities then :bigredn: at the end of the season.  We have been lost for so many years ... it just makes me wonder if we miss out on Frost as well.  

They were talking about UCF breaking into top 25 so he is already at a better program then us, this season.  His ties to Nebraska really helps us though.  Historically we are one of the winningest blue bloods with great fan support. Equivalency to that puts his next job into a Power 5 conf.  Eliminate any B1G teams not named Nebraska because I don't think he would want to coach against Nebraska and would make switching jobs to Nebraska that more difficult. SEC west and play against Saban every year doesn't sound appealing for young HC.  SEC east, maybe  Texas League, maybe.  ACC, a few possibilities.  P12 more likely.  Now that I list out the possibilities you may be right but I don't think timing will be a factor.

• Plus1 1

I would consider traditionally we are a better choice than Texas A/M, Tennessee, UCLA or LSU, but recently I am not sure these are not all better jobs right now.  SEC, is all Alabama right now, but who knows how much longer Saban will stay content to just come in 2nd nationally each year!  I would not go to the SEC any time soon.  B1G is also all about Ohio St and Michigan right now.  Recruiting.  Which school could Frost recruit better to?  Not sure staying at UCF isn't his smartest move right now after watching his team and talent.

Did anyone notice the emotion in which UCF played with tonight?  It says all we need to know about him as a coach and his staff!

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, 4skers89 said:

Only difference could be that the UCF recruiting base is well suited to his offense.  Need some speed to make his James Bond offense go.  You can tell that he emphasis physical play too  e.g. first UCF TD.  I'll see Stumpy's guy Norvell and raise him one Frost.

Sure there are differences, but I don't see them impacting what really matters.....winning.  I happen to think our current team has a ton of talent and could win immediately.  Need to build a culture.

i cant imagine what our budget is compared to theirs.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, MattyIce said:

Yeah, perhaps UCF has better overall speed than us, but let's not pretend we don't have some.

Everyone can get speed. It's speed with size that is hard to recruit.

Props to UCF tonight. They don't have BIG10 talent, but no one told them. They hustled, they fought, and they made some very big plays in no small part because they were put into position to make big plays. That team looks like they are having a lot of fun.

Was is the mean on mid-major coaches, and how long they're at their job before a big time program snatches them up? I'd think he'll have to do if for more than two seasons before other programs will truly start the pursuit. 

If Nebraska wants him, they better go get him. He may not be available by 2019.

• Plus1 1

In 2 years Frost has changed the culture, recruiting and beliefs of all his players and staff.  Doesn't matter if it was in year 1 or year 4 in my opinion, the guy knows what he is doing.  Players would run thru a brick wall for this guy.  I dare to say that he might have more talent at skills positions that what we have.  Speed is not coachable!

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, brophog said:

Everyone can get speed. It's speed with size that is hard to recruit.

Props to UCF tonight. They don't have BIG10 talent, but no one told them. They hustled, they fought, and they made some very big plays in no small part because they were put into position to make big plays. That team looks like they are having a lot of fun.

I was impressed how the D made plays.  They were giving up a lot of yards, but when someone had a chance to make a big play......they did!  And the linebacker with one hand....get the F out of here.  WARRIOR.

32 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Not a lot of big jobs open.

Nebraska

Tennessee

LSU

Ole Miss

Texas AM

I mean...not bad at all for NU

Coach O at LSU will get 1 more year. Bad hire absolutely for a head coaching job, but he will get one more year.

As for Nebraska, Frost is showing, just like other coaches at other programs have shown, it doesn't take 3-5 years for a new coach to come in and change things and it doesn't take 3-5 years to complete the rebuild process. Things can indeed happen much faster and much more smoothly.

• Plus1 1
  • Huskerzoo changed the title to ** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***
  • Huskerzoo pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Huskerzoo locked this topic