** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 hours ago, DD325 said:

Completely agree.  Just thought this thread could use some actual info instead of all the crazy speculation.  And Warrior 10, nope, Husker fan since the early 80's, long time lurker and although the entertainment factor in this thread is great, thought I'd throw something out from Frost himself.  

Nah, let's keep the crazy speculation going. There won't be any actual news until December, so let's get this puppy over 100 pages!

16 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Nah, let's keep the crazy speculation going. There won't be any actual news until December, so let's get this puppy over 100 pages!

Could be wrong, but I think news will leak out of Gainesville before then. 

Anyone listen to Moos' answer on Scott Frost closely yesterday? When he was talking about Scott Frost "paying his dues" he used the term "Back then" Bill is talking about 3 years ago when we passed on Scott to be the head coach at Nebraska. He knows what's happened in the past, and he was brought in to fix it. Osborne is clearly involved and Moos saying "Back then" gives a clear picture that he is here to right Shawn Eichorst's wrong. He has no other reason to use that term

Just now, Sker4Ever said:

Anyone listen to Moos' answer on Scott Frost closely yesterday? When he was talking about Scott Frost "paying his dues" he used the term "Back then" Bill is talking about 3 years ago when we passed on Scott to be the head coach at Nebraska. He knows what's happened in the past, and he was brought in to fix it. Osborne is clearly involved and Moos saying "Back then" gives a clear picture that he is here to right Shawn Eichorst's wrong. He has no other reason to use that term

Good, then hire already. I'll let Riley down gently.

1 minute ago, Sker4Ever said:

To be fair, most fans here didn't want another "coordinator" to be our next HC. We wanted a proven coach.

so it wasn't just SE's wrong, it was lots of posters here too.

12 minutes ago, Sker4Ever said:

I heard "Back then" also and figured that he was referring to 3 years ago but I didn't take it as anything more than a reason why he wasn't offered the job at the time and inexperience is a non-issue now.  You jumped to a conclusion that I didn't make but sounds good.  Lets go with it and assume he is going after Frost.

• Plus1 1

I think more importantly at this point is what do you think he’ll wear on the sidelines when we choose a black hat a red hat well he wear a white shirt red shirt black shirt I’ve seen both bo and Riley kind of pick and choose well that’s not true about bo he was pretty sl standard with the sweatshirt and white hat but Riley seems to keep changing his gear wonder what frost will do

26 minutes ago, Sker4Ever said:

I'm not convinced "back then" is some kind of coded message. I'm thinking it's the kind of phrase everyone uses to distinguish the past from the present. 

1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'm not convinced "back then" is some kind of coded message. I'm thinking it's the kind of phrase everyone uses to distinguish the past from the present. 

I'm not saying it's a coded message. I think it's something that Moos has talked about and it slipped as part of his talking points. What else in the context of what he was asked would he be referring to. What is "Back then" referring to in his career? He wasn't looking to hire Frost when he was an unproven coordinator at Washington State. And Nick Bahe didn't ask how he felt Scott had grown in his coaching career since being a coordinator. It was mingled in with his talking points and leads me to believe it has been a part of his conversations since he's been at Nebraska. Not trying to stir up a rumor, but in the context of his answer it doesn't just randomly fit.