** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

3 hours ago, Edison's Enemy said:

I’m married, and that’s most definitely not the case with us. So... maybe his wife isn’t the whiny, pouty kind that uses sex to get her way.

ROFLOL!  I'm totally pulling your leg.  That's not the case with my husband and myself.  I have too much respect for him to ever treat him that way. I'm hopeful that Scott's wife isn't that way either. My point is that his wife's preferences will be taken into consideration if he chooses to move back home. I venture to guess that this has been discussed at length at one time or another during their relationship if Nebraska is indeed Scott's dream job.  

6 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

When and what position?

Offensive Coordinator in 2011. Pelini chose Beck instead. A friend of mine worked with Larry Frost at Parkview Christian, and they keep in touch. Also, here is a link to an article that discusses it:

http://www.theindependent.com/huskershq/frost-interested-in-joining-nu-staff/article_87dfbbe1-8af0-5ca8-9933-e18167bd2a38.html

• Plus1 1
14 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

Yes. But you obviously don't follow sportslines regularly if that's your basis for thinking they are wrong.... and I don't mean that as an insult by any means, good for you if stay away from it. However, anyone who follows lines/bets knows Vegas is pretty damn good... that's why they are still in business. 

They don’t make money by being “right” necessarily, they make money just by getting people to bet....no bets are placed for free. It’s about public perception IMO.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Sker4Ever said:

I'm not saying it's a coded message. I think it's something that Moos has talked about and it slipped as part of his talking points. What else in the context of what he was asked would he be referring to. What is "Back then" referring to in his career? He wasn't looking to hire Frost when he was an unproven coordinator at Washington State. And Nick Bahe didn't ask how he felt Scott had grown in his coaching career since being a coordinator. It was mingled in with his talking points and leads me to believe it has been a part of his conversations since he's been at Nebraska. Not trying to stir up a rumor, but in the context of his answer it doesn't just randomly fit.

I'm pretty sure he said "back then" because now he is a head coach. So now he has that experience that he didn't have "back then."

6 hours ago, Edison's Enemy said:

Strangely enough, my wife’s cousin is actually dating that chick. Like the actual chick in the picture. They’ve been together longer than my wife and me.

How does she feel about being the meme for 'crazy gf' (and not in a good way)?

1 minute ago, VectorVictor said:

Well, apparently you did :D ...so could you enlighten us? 

Frost and Phil Knight have a very good friendship.  One of the first thing Frost did when taking the UCF job was to call Knight and request an upgrade in uniforms and get a variety of jerseys, pants, helmets (much like Oregon).  Frost wanted "cool uniforms" to use in recruiting.

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Frost and Phil Knight have a very good friendship.  One of the first thing Frost did when taking the UCF job was to call Knight and request an upgrade in uniforms and get a variety of jerseys, pants, helmets (much like Oregon).  Frost wanted "cool uniforms" to use in recruiting.

Interesting, when I took my new job I also called Knight to ask for stuff...I am still waiting to hear back from him.

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It would've seemed to be another reason for Frosty to come here, if we hadn't signed that Adidas deal already. 

(I AM NOT SAYING WE SHOULDN'T HAVE SIGNED WITH ADIDAS) Just saying that it would've possibly helped us land Frost if the Nike possibility was on the table. In the end, it probably doesn't matter much though.

I suppose technically we could buy out of it in a few years or immediately (not sure what that would cost though)

Edited by ScottyIce
5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

And let me guess...Florida is a Nike school, isn't it?

9 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

So....next year we start having alternate uniforms every other game.

Frost just lost half his support in Nebraska.

• Plus1 4