** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Didn't see this posted yet, may have been but I missed it...

Frost has a $3M buyout due to UCF if he leaves

We obtained a copy of Frost’s contract, which lists his buyout as half of the remaining guaranteed salary or $3 million — whichever number is lower. Considering Frost just signed an extension in April that kicked his salary up to $2 million a year, the buyout number would be $3 million — which is right in line with industry norms.

As for which jobs Frost may leave for, there are two obvious ones. We’re talking neon-blinking-lights obvious: Florida and Nebraska.

One is his home state and his alma mater, wandering through a 20-year exile from the college football elite. The other is right down the road from where he already works, the flagship university in a state with more than enough elite talent to run his offense.

In talking with sources around the Florida program, everything we’ve heard indicates Frost is indeed a very strong option at this point. Now, consider that it’s Nov. 1 and Florida won’t ultimately make the hire for another month at the earliest. There’s a long way to go here.

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, Enhance said:

I don't usually post what I'm about to post, so I hope it gives it some modicum of additional weight (even though I'm leaving it a little vague). It feels pertinent given the Florida situation and ours.

A fairly prominent Nebraska personality, as of this morning, has me convinced Scott Frost wants the Nebraska job. They told me they know it for 'a fact.' We've heard this notion from some former players and people who know Scott, but personally, it took hearing it from this person to convince me because of who I know they know. My personal opinion, after listening to what they had to say, was they've heard it from Frost himself (but that part is just my opinion).

They said the real question will be whether Nebraska wants to get rid of Riley, but that they'd 'be making the biggest mistake in the world' if Riley left and they didn't offer Frost.

I have to believe it is a done deal then.  It would be unbelievable if they fired an AD to keep Riley.  He would have to beat Penn State for that to be considered, right? 

2 minutes ago, HuskerPowerVA said:

I have to believe it is a done deal then.  It would be unbelievable if they fired an AD to keep Riley.  He would have to beat Penn State for that to be considered, right? 

My personally opinion is he would have to win out to even be under consideration, and even then, I still think Riley's ship has sailed.

4 minutes ago, HuskerPowerVA said:

This might be our one chance to get Frost.  I would go as far to say that even if they beat Penn St That Riley is gone.  That is assuming they don't win out.

I love that we are even considering the possibility of beating PSU. Like they didn't just go into the Shoe and lose by 1 to the team that came into Memorial Stadium and could have hung 70 on us if they wanted to. 

I understand the scenario game, but this one is a lot like the things I think I'd buy if I won the lottery. It's a nice thought, but just a dream. 

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, HuskerMan said:

This might be our one chance to get Frost.  I would go as far to say that even if they beat Penn St That Riley is gone.  That is assuming they don't win out.

I dont think winning out saves Riley.

I think Frost has an assurance in his back pocket for weeks now and can just focus on finishing strong.

• Plus1 1