** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

He's undefeated in 2017, and Diaco was an "Assistant of the Year" once as well, so.....yeah.

Listen, I think Frost is the right hire. He's my #1 guy. But $7 million is too much, and 10 years seems unnecessarily long on a first contract.

Agreed.  $7mm is absurd.  

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Sparker said:

I’m just here laughing at everyone saying what they’re ok with paying a coach when nobody here has any say in who is hired, when, for how much pay or how long of a contract. 

Nobody cares what you’re ok with, are you going to write an angry letter if they pay him too much?

So you never critique, or have any opinions? That's an interesting way to go through life.

• Plus1 1

Our buy-outs etc...payroll is looking larger then the NY Yankees for its active & nonactive roster... I am hearing $30 M for 7 years floating around on campus... Coach Frost has until Dec 3 to decide.  But who the heck knows.... Christmas can not get here fast enough. 

Except nobody is guaranteed anything. Coaching contract lengths are essentially mirages to create the illusion of stability. The only thing that matters is the buyout values. That's what a coaching contract really is, how much will it cost to part ways.

People can can say whatever they want about patience and contract length and things of that nature now, but nobody making that argument will feel any solace if he's 3-9 in year 2. That applies to any coach with any resume you want to name. 

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, Sparker said:

I’m just here laughing at everyone saying what they’re ok with paying a coach when nobody here has any say in who is hired, when, for how much pay or how long of a contract. 

Nobody cares what you’re ok with, are you going to write an angry letter if they pay him too much?

Lol, i am a STH, so I guess I am in a way paying his salary, so just sharing opinions. Hah.

6 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

He's undefeated in 2017, and Diaco was an "Assistant of the Year" once as well, so.....yeah.

Listen, I think Frost is the right hire. He's my #1 guy. But $7 million is too much, and 10 years seems unnecessarily long on a first contract.

Maybe its time to go big time to be big time. 

34 minutes ago, huskerfan69 said:

florida and tennessee do not like nebraska and know how badly we want him. the offers are going to be ridiculous. i can guarantee that.

So they offer Frost $9 million per year and don't get Frost. Now the coach they actually hire isn't going to take a mere $4 or $6 million because they were willing to pay Frost $9 million. I don't think your scenario is realistic.

1 minute ago, ScottyIce said:

I agree. Do you want Frost or not though?

Absolutely! And it's not my money, so I hope we do whatever is needed to get him.

If it was my money, or I was the one in charge of being the steward of the money, I'd be a little uncomfortable at 10 years/$50 million when Harbaugh's contract at Michigan was, I believe, 7 years/$40 million; and he was much more established than Frost is. 

But, I also understand that at Frost's age, I'm sure he would continue to coach and some of the buy out would be mitigated by his salary at his next job.

24 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

So you never critique, or have any opinions? That's an interesting way to go through life.

I just criticized the opinions in this thread, so... yeah, I guess I do.

I just found it funny the way some of these opinions were phrased as boundaries, as if they had control.

16 minutes ago, Kernal Corn said:

So they offer Frost $9 million per year and don't get Frost. Now the coach they actually hire isn't going to take a mere $4 or $6 million because they were willing to pay Frost $9 million. I don't think your scenario is realistic.

If this hypothetical second option makes, say, 1-2 million at his current job, I imagine he'd be down with $4-6 million....

Just now, Sparker said:

I just criticized the opinions in this thread, so... yeah, I guess I do.

I just found it funny the way some of these opinions were phrased as boundaries, as if they had control.

Gotcha.

6 hours ago, Hans Gruber said:

True, but they should get even more creative than that. Give him multiple shares of Berkshire Hathaway. Give him a 100-acre ranch with caretakers.

Give him Bill Moos! :lol:

moospicbw4_04-04-2010_LCIC1VT.jpg

• Plus1 1
On 11/4/2017 at 0:56 AM, huskerfan74 said:

To me, if MOOS does not go after Scott Frost with vengeance, he is as bad as Eichorst. We really have a chance to get the next Tom Osborne in hiring Scott Frost, if Moos pulls an Eichorst and gets another Rileyesque coach, I will hibernate for three years and wait for another failed experiment to end. Honestly, watching one train wreck after another starts getting to you at some point. It is depressing when you find yourself predicting by how much your team will lose to NORTHWESTERN!!!!!,!,!!,!

Amen Brotha!  I've been hibernating for 3 years and just see a ray of hope now.  I just hope to heck that he just goes and gets Frost and doesn't try to put some personal renegade stamp on the hiring.  Anxiously waiting and hoping!  Bring Scotty home!