** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

41 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I have written 100's of letters of rec for people and they all say the person is the best person ever.  We all do it that way.

Well you wouldn't hold back if your name was anonymous, send your own son to the guy you didn't respect, or offer a willfully wrong opinion if you were a professional pundit going on public record. 

It's okay to admit Mike Riley was tremendously respected in the coaching community.  It doesn't totally spoil your beef about hiring him for Nebraska.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Well you wouldn't hold back if your name was anonymous, send your own son to the guy you didn't respect, or offer a willfully wrong opinion if you were a professional pundit going on public record. 

It's okay to admit Mike Riley was tremendously respected in the coaching community.  It doesn't totally spoil your beef about hiring him for Nebraska.

I don't think he "was" I think he still is tremendously respected in the coaching community.  I think he always will be.

• Plus1 1

Scott's grandma lives in Nebraska too (not sure if his grandpa is still living).  She has a lake home here and my parents have a place on the same lake.  Actually saw Scott swimming on the 4th of July when I was cruising around on the pontoon and found it somewhat amusing that he was back here swimming when he lives in Florida.  Regardless, I would say there's some draw to being closer to family.

• Plus1 1

There is a poster on the 247 website that knows a booster that stated in a post tonight that Riley will step down for personal reasons and if Frost is hired it isn't going to get announced until after the conference title game (if he beats USF). Keith Williams and John Parrella will likely be retained. Donte may not have an option, but he didn't say it can't happen.