** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/open-mike/os-sp-ucf-college-football-ranking-mike-bianchi-1109-story.html

Instead of the College Football Playoff Committee, why don’t they just change their name to the College Football Playoff Cartel for the Privileged and Powerful?

At least then determined and diligent men like UCF coach Scott Frost and his unbeaten Knights would understand that this unfair and inequitable system is not designed for teams like them. They could then come to grips with the fact that there is no room at the inn, no seat on the bus, no opportunity for them to reach the pinnacle of their sport because they they are not a member of the Power 5 conferences’ privileged class.

The best thing that could happen to us is UCF not breaking the top 8 with a 12-0 record. No matter how good his team is, their potential is capped. Scott needs to come home.

Ahem just want to put this out here for the sake of conversation... Solich is currently 7-2 about to be 8-2 because he is dominating 8-1 Toledo 38-10 with 9 minutes left in the game. Would be 9-1 with his only loss to Purdue but lost by 3 points to central michigan. Let's hypothetically say that Frost doesn't come to Nebraska, would you guys be mad or content with us rehiring Solich? Not saying it's gonna happen, just hypothetical. 

14 minutes ago, FearAmeer said:

Ahem just want to put this out here for the sake of conversation... Solich is currently 7-2 about to be 8-2 because he is dominating 8-1 Toledo 38-10 with 9 minutes left in the game. Would be 9-1 with his only loss to Purdue but lost by 3 points to central michigan. Let's hypothetically say that Frost doesn't come to Nebraska, would you guys be mad or content with us rehiring Solich? Not saying it's gonna happen, just hypothetical. 

Don't think I'd care for it.  Not that Solich would be bad, but I don't see it being a long term thing with his age.  Nice idea, but probably wouldn't get me too excited.  Don't think he'd come back anyway.

16 minutes ago, Husker John said:

huskersfrostwife.jpg.4e46272a9a7888afb0adb4329786145c.jpg .............Somebody get this woman a Runza  :thumbs

He isn't going to have any fear of going after the 5-stars. 

People keep asking where she is from. A simple Google search shows she is from Scottsdale, AZ, lived in Eugene, OR, and currently with Mr. Frost in Orlando. A move to Nebraska gets her closer to home too. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, FearAmeer said:

No. Just no. 

Also dont think hiring a coach older than Riley would be good. Solich is 73. Would be terrible hire 

Edited by huskersrule95

1 hour ago, FearAmeer said:

Honestly, it's so outlandish that it's not even worth discussing. I can't think of a single time in modern college football history that a head coach has been fired from a premier program and then rehired at some point.

25 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

It's become obvious that Riley will not be back. It's also become obvious that Moos has his eyes on Frost. If this was any other school, with their own championship winning alum, would it be anything but a forgone conclusion that he comes back??

I think it'd be surprising if he declined an offer from Nebraska but perhaps self-serving would be better phrase. Florida has some advantages over Nebraska and, IMO, is the better job when taken at face value. Nebraska does have several obvious advantages in this current situation, of course.

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, teachercd said:

Lets examine that convo 

"Sweetie, I want this Husker Job"

"Scott, NO"

"Honey...it is for 5 million a year, even if it doesn't work out we can move anywhere you want in about 6 years and you never have to do a thing except enjoy being rich"

"Scott, be quiet, I am calling the movers and should we get a house with a pool, I am on realator.com"

To be a devil's advocate, because this is how my wife would call it if I wanted to move near my parents.

"Sweetie, I want this Husker job"

"Honey, I know you are emotionally attached to them, but remember when they never called 3 years ago?   Remember how hurt you were?  Those nice Florida people will pay AT LEAST as much as Nebraska, AND we get to enjoy weather that isn't colder than a well digger's behind!  And I LOVE the beach.  Plus think how much easier it will be to recruit here!  I know you are disappointed but I will make it up to you, I promise!"

And there goes that.  I mean, one thing you all don't seem to factor in here is that this woman has lived in Scottsdale, Arizona, Eugene, Oregon, and now Orlando, Florida.  I mean, I know there's global warming, but as someone who currently lives in Phoenix (but has lived in Portland, OR and Florida), the weather in Nebraska would be a significant negative for me as far as thinking about moving back there (and judging from the number of Nebraskans and other mid-westerners in Arizona, for a lot of folks).

Edited by neepster