** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Did anyone hear the Benning radio segment this morning?

From the sounds of it, it would seem it is important that our entire staff is turned over.

Today’s show was eye opening (I think). I’m just connecting dots, but from the Diaco quotes yesterday to the Banker response and then the morning show today, here’s my working theory. 

I think Bounds and Green saw first hand failures of SE and Devaney when they fired Banker and hired Diaco. That was when SE was put on notice - the athletic department review put him on watch. The first few games showed poor results and SE wrote his death sentence when he held the press conference.

Banker didn’t like that Hawk Tackling implementation and if it was forced by SE and BD, like implied, I’m guessing Banker got into it with SE and BD and wrote his own check to be fired.

Bounds and Green saw poor leadership by SE who didn’t know how to run the performance side of an AD, which is why SE hired Devaney - to guide him with football personnel moves. The Hawk Tackling cost the university $100,000 with no results to show for and a fired coach. Not a good leadership decision. 

Riley is the nice guy, company man, who had less control of his program and became a lame duck coach with coordinators who can’t show reasonable (reasons) development.

I’m sure there are more examples of incompetence, but no way Moos can bring Riley back without losing the fan base and the sellout streak.

This program is a dumpster fire, which is why I believe TO is serving as a liaison for Frost - if there’s interest in the soon to be job opening. No, TO won’t tell Frost to take the job, but I believe TO would encourage Frost to not return unless the athletic department is on good ground. TO won’t be involved in the process, but he will be connected enough to know where the state of the program stands. 

• Plus1 5

15 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

Today’s show was eye opening (I think). I’m just connecting dots, but from the Diaco quotes yesterday to the Banker response and then the morning show today, here’s my working theory. 

I think Bounds and Green saw first hand failures of SE and Devaney when they fired Banker and hired Diaco. That was when SE was put on notice - the athletic department review put him on watch. The first few games showed poor results and SE wrote his death sentence when he held the press conference.

Banker didn’t like that Hawk Tackling implementation and if it was forced by SE and BD, like implied, I’m guessing Banker got into it with SE and BD and wrote his own check to be fired.

Bounds and Green saw poor leadership by SE who didn’t know how to run the performance side of an AD, which is why SE hired Devaney - to guide him with football personnel moves. The Hawk Tackling cost the university $100,000 with no results to show for and a fired coach. Not a good leadership decision. 

Riley is the nice guy, company man, who had less control of his program and became a lame duck coach with coordinators who can’t show reasonable (reasons) development.

I’m sure there are more examples of incompetence, but no way Moos can bring Riley back without losing the fan base and the sellout streak.

This program is a dumpster fire, which is why I believe TO is serving as a liaison for Frost - if there’s interest in the soon to be job opening. No, TO won’t tell Frost to take the job, but I believe TO would encourage Frost to not return unless the athletic department is on good ground. TO won’t be involved in the process, but he will be connected enough to know where the state of the program stands. 

Yup. This sums it up.

Seems like I can think of a great job title for Coach Osborne in a semi part-time role, when Frosty returns as Head Man.

9 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Yup. This sums it up.

Seems like I can think of a great job title for Coach Osborne in a semi part-time role, when Frosty returns as Head Man.

If Frost returns, I believe TO will be around the program more often than he was. Not saying hands on, but just having a presence. 

There is fault to lay on the staff, but also somewhat feel bad for Riley and the coaches. I think they’re doing what they can, but they’ve also been handcuffed by administrators. If there is one person I am more upset with than anybody, it’s Harvey Perlman. 

• Plus1 2

Normally I’d find it hard to believe the Athletic Department is micromanaging the football team, but this is a special coaching staff they drug in here and I could see them wanting to get involved in fixing the obvious mistake.

i get the feeling Diaco was promised the Head Coaching job if he could turn it around and I think we’re seeing the strain between him and whoever is coaching in the Athletic Department.

Knowing the real names of anonymous sportswriters on the boards would clarify a lot.

1 hour ago, Hayseed said:

Normally I’d find it hard to believe the Athletic Department is micromanaging the football team, but this is a special coaching staff they drug in here and I could see them wanting to get involved in fixing the obvious mistake.

i get the feeling Diaco was promised the Head Coaching job if he could turn it around and I think we’re seeing the strain between him and whoever is coaching in the Athletic Department.

Knowing the real names of anonymous sportswriters on the boards would clarify a lot.

errrr right

7 hours ago, neepster said:

To be a devil's advocate, because this is how my wife would call it if I wanted to move near my parents.

"Sweetie, I want this Husker job"

"Honey, I know you are emotionally attached to them, but remember when they never called 3 years ago?   Remember how hurt you were?  Those nice Florida people will pay AT LEAST as much as Nebraska, AND we get to enjoy weather that isn't colder than a well digger's behind!  And I LOVE the beach.  Plus think how much easier it will be to recruit here!  I know you are disappointed but I will make it up to you, I promise!"

And there goes that.  I mean, one thing you all don't seem to factor in here is that this woman has lived in Scottsdale, Arizona, Eugene, Oregon, and now Orlando, Florida.  I mean, I know there's global warming, but as someone who currently lives in Phoenix (but has lived in Portland, OR and Florida), the weather in Nebraska would be a significant negative for me as far as thinking about moving back there (and judging from the number of Nebraskans and other mid-westerners in Arizona, for a lot of folks).

Am I the only one that likes my seasons? Christmas on a beach? Mele Kalikimaka is a great song, and I love to sing along, but I'll take my Christmas with the appropriate weather:D

I mean if the wife wants to live somewhere beautiful he should just take the Montana job when it opens up.

Edited by B.B. Hemingway
  • Plus1 2

If Frost is hired (or any head coach for that matter), I don't mind TO being a number on speed dial or a mentor in the back pocket, but I feel we need to give him a break from being directly entwined with the university. Nebraska is going to have to find a way to win at a high level one day without coaches and players from the 90s. It's one of the biggest reasons I wasn't a fan of the Frost hire three years ago as some people here seem to be. He was a far greater unknown and his name recognition was the single greatest reason anyone here found him interesting.