** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

3 minutes ago, Pedro Guerrero said:

It doesn’t make you a career loser.  57% is greater than 43%.

Well let's see he's at a program like Nebraska. He's a sub .500 coach with no championships. Argue all you want, his resume is out there for all to see and it's going to change all of a sudden. End of story.

On 9/22/2017 at 8:31 PM, Enhance said:

The problem is patience, revenue, boosters, etc. If you go after Frost right now, and he's a failure, that's multiple more years of an empty trophy case and apathy among the fan base. 

That's a huge risk if you ended up leaving a candidate on the table who was clearly a better candidate.

Here's the thing though. Frost is rapidly becoming a very hot coaching prospect. His results after taking over a winless program have been very good so far. 

Of the realistic coaching candidates, I think you would be hard pressed to find someone who is clearly a better hire. 

Just to to be clear, I'm not a born and bred Nebraskan and I have never put any stock in hiring people from the program just because of their connection to the state or school. 

But in Frost's case it seems like there are a subset of fans who almost seem to hold his ties to UNL against him. Like it is the only reason he is being mentioned. Fact is his star is rising and he is going to be getting a lot of looks. 

I want Frost here because he seems like the best candidate that I can realistically see coming here. 

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Maybe stop saying things that aren't true and posters won't tell you they're false. :dunno

That Riley isn't a good coach and will never win a championship at Nebraska? So because a coach wins 7% more than half their games constitutes them a winner? Lol. Okay. Welcome to apathy.

11 hours ago, FTW said:

That Riley isn't a good coach and will never win a championship at Nebraska? So because a coach wins 7% more than half their games constitutes them a winner? Lol. Okay. Welcome to apathy.

Welcome to facts and math. Sorry I've interrupted your Riley hate in the Scott Frost thread.

11 hours ago, brophog said:

Can't wait to see how UCF pulled this off. Very impressive stats.

A single win shouldn't make me much more confident in Frost, but it does.

Edited by RedDenver
meant shouldn't
On 9/22/2017 at 7:54 AM, unlfan said:

Simply too unproven for me. I love Nebraska guys. But if the answer to the question "Would this guy be considered if he wasn't a Nebraska alum?" is no, im going to pass.

Same applies to Trev.

I will be VERY disappointed if we end up with the Trev/Frost combo.

I can here to post: would anyone even consider SF for the head coach position if he wasn’t a Nebraska alum?  But you beat me to it.

Sure it’s great to have an alum, but it’s bettet to have the best coach available.

• Huskerzoo changed the title to ** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***
  • Huskerzoo pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Huskerzoo locked this topic