** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

13 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I do agree, also athletes and up n comers have confidence in themselves. The truly great ones don't think to themselves what if I fail 

But what we know about Frost is that he is more calculating than blindly confident. He was offered head coaching gigs for 2-3 years before he accepted UCF's offer. Why? We're a pretty good place to work, we're fantastic for a G5, but why would he pick us over other programs?

He's using different criteria than other coaches and no one knows what it is, we can only speculate. 

Edited by ATS Knight
punctuation

8 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

But what we know about Frost is that he is more calculating than blindly confident. He was offered head coaching gigs for 2-3 years before he accepted UCF's offer. Why? We're a pretty good place to work, we're fantastic for a G5, but why would he pick us over other programs?

He's using different criteria than other coaches and no one knows what it is, we can only speculate. 

I don't know all his criteria, but I think some of that was being more picky for his first head coach job so he could be successful and land big time offers. He is at a point he is getting big time offers so I don't see why you would wait. I know he passed on jobs like Colorado state. Maybe I will be wrong but typically when someone has a career goal, in this case his goal was Nebraska job. He has set himself up to be offered the job. I would find it odd if he didn't take the opportunity he was setting himself up for 

3 minutes ago, Kiz said:

I'm glad to see the UCF board is now speculating on who their next coach will be once SF comes to Nebraska!

https://ucf.forums.rivals.com/threads/assuming-sf-leaves-whos-next.56131/

From that thread.

"Lane Kiffin be a good choice....someone who loves offense and is as good at it. These players would love to see him here. I don't think any of the coaches stay....maybe TW. Who ever comes in will sure have a lot of great things already in place with talent this time. "

3 minutes ago, Kiz said:

I'm glad to see the UCF board is now speculating on who their next coach will be once SF comes to Nebraska!

https://ucf.forums.rivals.com/threads/assuming-sf-leaves-whos-next.56131/

I think that most UCF fans realize that Frost is not talking like someone who is dead-set on leaving, but he is certainly not talking like someone that is staying. My friends think he's gone.