** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

10 hours ago, C N Red said:

Why are people sooo sensitive to being accused of something so menial?  I was just hacking on ya. Not like i was calling you a racist or bigot.

C, I just want to apologize for my Behavior yesterday. It was very immature and knee jerk.  I can contribute some to the fact that I am sleep deprived right now. My Dad died in September and we just had his Celebration of Life event this past weekend.  My nerves and emotions are all on the surface and unfortunately you got sprayed with my verbal vomit!  

You're like my brothers, always trying to get a rise out of their 'big sis' but I did wig out (G version I guess). 

Anyway, I just wanted to apologize to you and ask your forgiveness for my knee jerk reaction and unkind words.

To the rest of the board: Sorry.  I don't want this thread locked either.  I've been following it since it started as wel. It will be so fun to celebrate Scott's homecoming at the end!  I now return us to our regularly scheduled Scott Frost thread! :)

Edited by ladyhawke
I acted like a middle school teenager!
  • Plus1 3

8 minutes ago, Clifford the Big Red Dog said:

If we're going to ban Jessica for trolling or being another person or whatever, can we ban the unfunny Lane Kiffen troll account? 

I think thats just a sock account of MacnCheese. I mean they have basically the same avatar except one is the Rock and one is Kiffen.

9 minutes ago, LaneKiffenGBR said:

Thats a legit concern. How would you say recruiting has been going overall? About where it's historically been, above, below average? My main concern I think with Frost and Co is the recruiting aspect. 

I'm not the most knowledgeable about recruiting stuff, there are people that get much more into it than me. But from my perspective, the star ratings are about the same with Frost as they were with O'Leary. I've heard that Frost hates recruiting. But the players that he gets fit the system well and better than O'Leary. So it's tough to say if he's smarter than the recruiting sites or if he is just better at identifying players that fit needs. 

4 minutes ago, runningblind said:

If you have a top 10 offense that goes really fast, you can't really expect to hold everyone to 14 points all the time. You have to be a TOP hog to do that.

It's more about turnovers, situational defense and being sound then.

I'm not talking about points, but it's a high-risk defense. They go for turnovers A LOT and get burned by big plays way more frequently than I remember with O'Leary. The penalties are really high and the freakin arm tackles drive me nuts. Have you watched UCF games? The arm tackles are embarrassing. Someone wrap someone up!

The defense is not bad and if Frost left and we replaced him with Chinander, I wouldn't be pissed. There are just serious question marks. Enough that if I were you, I wouldn't cry if I didn't get Chinander. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, ATS Knight said:

I'm not the most knowledgeable about recruiting stuff, there are people that get much more into it than me. But from my perspective, the star ratings are about the same with Frost as they were with O'Leary. I've heard that Frost hates recruiting. But the players that he gets fit the system well and better than O'Leary. So it's tough to say if he's smarter than the recruiting sites or if he is just better at identifying players that fit needs. 

I'm not talking about points, but it's a high-risk defense. They go for turnovers A LOT and get burned by big plays way more frequently than I remember with O'Leary. The penalties are really high and the freakin arm tackles drive me nuts. Have you watched UCF games? The arm tackles are embarrassing. Someone wrap someone up!

The defense is not bad and if Frost left and we replaced him with Chinander, I wouldn't be pissed. There are just serious question marks. Enough that if I were you, I wouldn't cry if I didn't get Chinander. 

It worries me a bit if a guy wants to bring his whole staff along to a new job...obviously.  I feel like each spot should be evaluated for the best person, while still being concerned with chemistry, just not solely one or the other. 

1 minute ago, ATS Knight said:

1. I think every coach hates recruiting?

2. You can use arms to tackle?!?!!? SOMEBODY ALERT DIACO! Our guys have been using their shoulders with their hands limp at their sides or just falling down and hope the opposing players trip on them.

• Plus1 4