** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

7 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Because people think it is outdated. Perception is not reality. Look at the facts. Navy is a tough team for everyone to beat- even talent superior teams. Supremely more talented teams still struggle with them. Look at their records- typically have a nice winning record. Again all with 2 star players. 

Dont worry I am not advocating that Nebraska hire the Navy coach and we run that system. I just think it would be interesting to see someone else run that system. FYI Georgia Tech runs the same dang thing and they get 9-10 wins a year in the ACC.

Paul Johnson was won 9+ games at GT 4 times in his 10 years there.

Edited by Red Five
  • Plus1 3

The 7 years and 35 million is a accurate. The contract has been agreed to. Florida wanted him to sign for 5 years and less money. He wanted a longer contract and we had to counter with more money. We will not be outbid. 

Mike Riley knows he is not coming back. He was told three weeks ago. 

GBR!

• Plus1 4
14 minutes ago, brophog said:

I've never understood this offense. It feels extremely outdated at times. Instead of using angles and spacing to run the ball, we invite all the defenders into the box for a tea party.

Psss I have a secret 

Spoiler

They do it so we have to throw 40 times a game.

2 minutes ago, AndyH said:

The 7 years and 35 million is a accurate. The contract has been agreed to. Florida wanted him to sign for 5 years and less money. He wanted a longer contract and we had to counter with more money. We will not be outbid. 

GBR!

fb0.jpg

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, AndyH said:

GBR!

Who do you know!! Jessica!?

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

FYI Georgia Tech runs the same dang thing and they get 9-10 wins a year in the ACC.

There's actually a fair amount of difference in how they go about it. As to the wins, you may want to check again. He's hit 9 wins twice in the last 8 years. He could be staring down his second losing season in 3 years if he doesn't beat Georgia.

16 hours ago, Jeremy said:

You have a point, but Frost did say rumors were 'totally false,' and I don't know if an AD is going to confidently say things like 'he's staying' when it could really end up as egg in his face if/when Frost would leave. 

Basically, we have Lars saying Frost to NU is a done deal on one side, and then the UCF AD saying 'nope' on the other.  I honestly don't know what to believe, but part of me thinks if it was happening, we'd have a better indication by now. I remember hearing from several people that Pelini was a done deal right after Osborne axed Callahan. 

I think people are completely misreading Lars's tweet.  All he said was they were "close" and that he was confident in the offer.  He never mentioned or claimed to know anything about Frost's interest.  It seems like all of his information is coming from the Nebraska side.  Frost or his agent might have told Nebraska this was close, but who knows if that's just a negotiation tactic.  Until it is official, everything is a rumor.  Don't get to high or low on any of the information.

• Plus1 1
Just now, HuskerJax said:

I don't get why Florida would go after Taggert.  He really hasn't shown any sort of success in Oregon.  Don't you think the Florida fans would go crazy bringing in someone that isn't coming from a winning situation?  

images.jpeg

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

With 4 division crowns and 1 conference championship. They lost by 2 points in conference title game to the eventual national champion florida state. 

He has played in the ACC champ game 3 times.  And one of those times made it with a 5-3 conference record.  He has ended the year in the top 25 3 times in 10 years, and once in the last 8 years.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Red Five said:

He has played in the ACC champ game 3 times.  And one of those times made it with a 5-3 conference record.  He has ended the year in the top 25 3 times in 10 years, and once in the last 8 years.

Wikipedia shows 2008,2009,2012,2014. 2008 doesnt show a game was played not sure why.