** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

Not to get too sappy, but this thread has given me happiness during some rough family times right now.  No matter what happens at the end of the search, thank you all for bouncing ideas with me and entertaining me!  I'm really happy to be a part of this board.  Now come on home Frost, sign that dotted line and let's go win some big games!!!!  GBR

You're a good addition.  Board was getting stale------just kidding.  But welcome!

• Plus1 2

I'm nowhere near as plugged in as Hedley, but the one thing I have been told over and over from a person in a position to know is that Nebraska's heavy hitters were not messing around this time and that Moos would be given all the resources he needed to get the job done right. What I really love is that Green and Moos didn't really even attempt to hide the fact that Scott was THE target. That's a huge risk if you don't know you can land him, but it sounds like that was a matter of being able to hit the right number.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

Not to get too sappy, but this thread has given me happiness during some rough family times right now.  No matter what happens at the end of the search, thank you all for bouncing ideas with me and entertaining me!  I'm really happy to be a part of this board.  Now come on home Frost, sign that dotted line and let's go win some big games!!!!  GBR

Same here, ive been going through some job issues and this thread has atleast made me laugh quite a bit.  Kinda surreal that hopefully this ends up with most of us getting what we want.  Not something i have been able to say for a few years.

1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Just wanted to let everyone know I was 100% sure Frost is coming to NU....well my percentage has changed......

I am now 200% confident Frost is coming to NU after my most recent conversation. 

Hedley, your posts put me at ease. I am going to need your confidence for the next week or two! 

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, bisonwiches said:

No. Bill comes off as the kind of guy that he wants to look a man in the eye. I trust Hedley.... also who cares who he spoke to, if it’s done because of Moos’ efforts? 

I'm not doubting Hedley's info, but I don't think an AD of a team who has yet to fire their coach talking directly to a sitting coach is how these things work.  This is what agents and consultants are for.  Gives all parties deniability when questions are asked if they have been in contact.

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I'm not doubting Hedley's info, but I don't think an AD of a team who has yet to fire their coach talking directly to a sitting coach is how these things work.  This is what agents and consultants are for.  Gives all parties deniability when questions are asked if they have been in contact.

All I can say is that there was a reason Moos was able to talk so openly and frequently about Frost. That confidence came from somewhere. It's hard to believe that someone from NU didn't talk directly with Scott.

If this turns out to be true it is a pretty exciting time for DONU football. Green/Bounds seem to be on point in getting the program back in the game. I've been nothing but impressed every time I've heard Moos speak. Sure seems like a great hire so far. And if Scott does indeed return the fan base will be united in way I don't think we've seen since the '90's. I don't expect miracles but look forward to watching the games again instead of dreading another beat down at the hands of teams we used to beat down. I know the UCF games I watched this year have been fun. Hope he can bring that to NU (if indeed he does come back. I trust Hedley put part me says don't get too excited until it official. The letdown would be devastating if things go south).

Anybody else looking forward to the Spring Game? Barring inclement weather, I bet we fill the place up.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, secretasianman said:

Sumlin to UCF .. haha

I was just reading an article about this. The admin. didn't even have the decency to wait until after the LSU game to tell him AND his players. Sumlin recruited every kid on his team. That's got to be distracting to them right before their last game. Sad.