** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

4 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I hope he always call plays. Osborne did. It keeps the offense stable regardless of who steals our OC's. Look at ohio state. Thats why their offense goes up and down depending on the year. Meyer doesnt call the plays anymore. So if you hire a crap guy like Tim Beck you suffer.

Meyer still has input. The problems while Tim Beck was at OSU shouldn't be laid all on him. You can't cycle talent through the system like they have and be consistent.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don't know about the details about that award.  I am 99% sure that Frost calls plays for UCF right now.

I think if you scroll back to pages somewhere in the 60's or 70's of this page, it was discussed.  I believe it was Hedley that posted it.  I have no inner knowledge of the rules but I do remember that it was posted that a rule was a coordinator had to call plays in order to be up for the award.  Take it fwiw

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I'm with you.  I understand recruiting is important, but that seems to be the first thing fans look to with assistant coaches.  I would rather have the coaches be successful at developing players and know how to game plan and coach during games.

If we could develop talent based on our recruiting ranking we would be representing the West. 

• Plus1 2

Just now, StPaulHusker said:

I think if you scroll back to pages somewhere in the 60's or 70's of this page, it was discussed.  I believe it was Hedley that posted it.  I have no inner knowledge of the rules but I do remember that it was posted that a rule was a coordinator had to call plays in order to be up for the award.  Take it fwiw

I remember that item being discussed, but watching the past few UCF games, it looks like Frost calls the plays.

Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

If we could develop talent based on our recruiting ranking we would be representing the West. 

This

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I never have understood why, if the HC is going to call plays, there still is an OC on the staff.  The OC is going to formulate the game plan through the week and go through the thought process of how to attack the defense.  That should be done by the guy who is actually calling the plays...(with input from others).

So, why have an OC if the HC is going to basically do the job?

Assistant TO THE Head Coach?

serveimage-4.jpeg

• Plus1 4
Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

I remember that item being discussed, but watching the past few UCF games, it looks like Frost calls the plays.

I haven't watched one game so I will take your word for it.  But again, it might be that he actually coordinates the game plan and Frost executes.  Don't care how they do it as long as Walters is part of it.

• Plus1 1

27 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I was wrong about Riley announcement Friday. Will hold press conference on Saturday now. 

Well Hedly, that ties up the only bit of information I had that was a little different from what you've stated as I knew there were several folks on call for a Saturday announcement. If they aren't announcing Frost at the same time, it seems like that presser will be very short as I see no for Riley to be there.

Do you see any chance that they announce Frost on Saturday even if UCF beats USF? Otherwise, this state is going to go bat $hip crazy (fueled by the media) if we're coach-less for a week. 

Okay I need the collective knowledge of this board to fill me in on details I am missing.  If need be I will start a new topic after the Frost hire.  Jay Foreman was just on Sharp and Benning.  Both Jay and Damon were dancing around the topic and discussing the "complicated" past of SF and LP.  Jay almost expects SF to address the topic and apologize once he is hired.  What's so complicated about it?  SF was dating LP's former girlfriend.  LP went crazy and broke into SF's apartment and drug her down the stairs.  The story about hiding in the closet is not substantiated in the police report or court transcript.  What would SF now a 42 year old man need to apologize now for given he wasn't really wrong and he was 20 years old at the time. What am I missing?? 

Edited by Herbie95
4 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I haven't watched one game so I will take your word for it.  But again, it might be that he actually coordinates the game plan and Frost executes.  Don't care how they do it as long as Walters is part of it.

I agree on the Walters part too.  Would love to have him join the staff in Lincoln.