** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Given the rebuild that needs to take place at Nebraska, given the future Frost has with being talented yet young, given our very difficult schedule for 2018, Frost first season will be like a free year. Let him do what he has to do, this rebuild will take time. I know we have been fed "patience" for 17 years, but this time the patience actually makes sense and actually has merit.

This has been my thought, as well. Let Frost come in, work through the necessary roster turnover and hopefully pull off some upsets during the season. 

1 minute ago, ladyhawke said:

Sorry folks-I forgot about recruiting-that it's early now. You're all correct. Scott would have to be announced as our coach as soon after the AAC championship game as possible. Question:. If he knows he is coming here would he already be forming his staff behind the scenes?  

He would probably have ideas of who his staff would be, but I am sure he’s focusing most of his energy on coaching UCF, as it should be. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Sorry folks-I forgot about recruiting-that it's early now. You're all correct. Scott would have to be announced as our coach as soon after the AAC championship game as possible. Question:. If he knows he is coming here would he already be forming his staff behind the scenes?  

Good question, I would think at the very least his staff on UCF he wants to bring to NU would be informed, but unfortunately they cant do anything either. Also given from the current coaches statements I would venture to guess no current coach has been contacted by Frost.

• Plus1 1

The only QB on the roster who might fit Frost's Offense is Gebbia and that's a stretch. He doesn't have the luxury to chill and coach a team and let the Juco signing period pass when a Juco QB would need to sign to enroll by Spring. If Frost is coming, he will be here by mid December. 

• Plus1 1

Just now, theknife said:

The only QB on the roster who might fit Frost's Offense is Gebbia and that's a stretch. He doesn't have the luxury to chill and coach a team and let the Juco signing period pass when a Juco QB would need to sign to enroll by Spring. If Frost is coming, he will be here by mid December. 

Somebody earlier in this thread I think mentioned the QB Frost recruited to Oregon who was once committed to Nebraska. Wilson? Think he's at a JUCO right now. I could see Frost going after him and bringing him to Nebraska for a quick fix at the position. I have no idea how he is doing at JUCO, for all I know they could have moved him to WR.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Somebody earlier in this thread I think mentioned the QB Frost recruited to Oregon who was once committed to Nebraska. Wilson? Think he's at a JUCO right now. I could see Frost going after him and bringing him to Nebraska for a quick fix at the position. I have no idea how he is doing at JUCO, for all I know they could have moved him to WR.

Wilson is playing at a JUCO in Kansas, not sure how he’s doing there. Another possibility is the QB at Iowa Western CC. The guys on Big Red Overreaction that a long shot might be Burrow from Ohio State as a grad transfer, if Burrow is able to graduate this May. 

2 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Terry Wilson. He said he's still in contact with Frost in his last interview. I still think Frost doesn't want to juggle two jobs. 

Mike Riley is an incredibly genuinely nice man. He really is. What boggles my mind however is so many people "in the know" claim him to be this amazing football mind and great coach, if that is the case I need it explained to me how these last 3 years were so awful. I mean not just the X's and O's parts, but really the whole experiment, it was an utter failure.

Almost makes me worried for the state of the program if this extremely knowledgeable, well experienced, smart football coach couldn't pull himself about .500, then who can get us above .500?

• Plus1 1

Mike Riley is an incredibly genuinely nice man. He really is. What boggles my mind however is so many people "in the know" claim him to be this amazing football mind and great coach, if that is the case I need it explained to me how these last 3 years were so awful. I mean not just the X's and O's parts, but really the whole experiment, it was an utter failure.

Almost makes me worried for the state of the program if this extremely knowledgeable, well experienced, smart football coach couldn't pull himself about .500, then who can get us above .500?

Maybe he's just not a very good test taker?

• Plus1 3

He is not a great football mind. Ask the people in San Diego.

Who can get us above .500? Frost, Bo, Solich, and even Callahan.

• Plus1 2