** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, bisonwiches said:

Well considering Tyjon is a true freshman and had a long offer sheet, it’s not out of the realm of possibility that Tyjon has followed Scott since he was at Oregon. I don’t know if he’s been on social media that long but that’s my guess.

You can usually tell if he recently followed by the positioning of a "followers list". If Tyjon recently started following him, he would be at the top or near it as it currently sits. 

2 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Being as realistic as I can, and I think Frost is the right guy, especially for the long term, but I think it'll take 4 years before we have a real good shot at 11 wins. This is a giant rebuild, that goes from roster overhaul to program culture.

I think NU fans shouldn’t be looking at specific win numbers out of Frost or whomever is the new coach. My expectations would be winning the division by year 3, and then go from there. 

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

I think most people by now have caught wind of this. Hedley was told that this was a done deal. I was told by assistant coaches at Cerritos College that he's been N for over a week. 

Hi Vince, did Scott coach at Cerritos College that they would know about him coming here?

To get us back in the National picture, but being able to represent in our division.  Baby steps..  We have some very good offensive players returning if we come up with a QB that fits his offense.  I am not sure about the defensive personnel.  Not sure if it is talent or so many changes in system that causes the problems.  I know we recruit with our peers in the division.  I hope we have an aggressive defense, that is solid in the basics.  I hate the body block tackling. 

1 hour ago, BoneyardHusker said:

No just read the bits and pieces posted on twitter from the media. But either way, coming out after going 4-8, with some of the most embarrassing losses in school history in the final 4 games and losing recruits left and right, and showing zero progress in 3 years, to be able to say with a straight face that he thinks he is the right guy to turn this around feels like a slap in the face to our intelligence.

Consider his background and recent experience at OSU. 4-8 with blowouts are the norm. I wouldn't be surprised if Moos hasn't told him something definitively and he really thinks he'll not be fired. I can't explain why he would think he could turn things around unless he is thinking something like the occasional 8 or 9 win season is turning things around.  That statement is kind of out there. His attitude and thinking shows that Riley isn't a coach for a big time program.

Just now, ladyhawke said:

Hi Vince, did Scott coach at Cerritos College that they would know about him coming here?

Cerritos College is a pipeline for Washington St. They are very well acquainted with their entire athletic department. The coaching circle is incredibly small as you all know and information moves. It doesn't take much of a push.

9 minutes ago, bisonwiches said:

Well considering Tyjon is a true freshman and had a long offer sheet, it’s not out of the realm of possibility that Tyjon has followed Scott since he was at Oregon. I don’t know if he’s been on social media that long but that’s my guess.

6 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

You can usually tell if he recently followed by the positioning of a "followers list". If Tyjon recently started following him, he would be at the top or near it as it currently sits. 

Frost is the most recent person Lindsey followed. Couldn't tell you if that was today or a month ago.

vHF1vXQ.png

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, skersfan said:

God Knows I hope you are right Sker!  This has been a miserable 15 years, and it is time for us to all be proud of our team in every aspect.  I have commented on integrity, loyalty in this thread, I think Coach Frost brings that.  

Do you really feel he can turn it around quickly?  

Perlman made it a much more miserable 15 years than it needed to be.

Yes, Frost will turn the ship quickly.

Think about just one example.......Mike Riley was allegedly known for developing quarterbacks, which we've learned first hand is not true.  Frost however, coached MM at Oregon and now has another MM playing at an All American level as a sophomore.

And the media attention combined with the style of play UCF does is going to do wonders for Frost on the recruiting trail.

• Plus1 1

I don't think it'll take 3-4 years to turn the program around.  I think we have the players on the roster right now to right this ship.  What we don't have right now is a head coach who gets the max out of his players.

I want to believe Frost is the guy who can get it done.  I mean cripes, if he can make UCF a winner then why not Nebraska? 

(And I agree with the people who have previously posted that they think Scott Frost being hired as Nebraska's next head coach is a done deal.)

• Plus1 3