** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

4 minutes ago, secretasianman said:

Yes.  Bo Pelini was allowed to finish at LSU.  While he wasn’t the head coach, he was still given time to prepare LSU for their championship game.

Bo wasn't a head coach when he was hired. I know Brian Kelly didn't coach in Cincy's bowl game when he got hired by Notre Dame.

2 minutes ago, o-line54 said:

Yes, I was so sure we were going to get news tonight, but we must be a little bit more patient.  We will hear the first batch of good news in the morning.  I am reluctantly going to sleep.  Hope comes tomorrow.

Coaches will be called in first. Then players. After that there will be announcement followed by press conference. 

That was the T.O. playbook and I would be very surprised if that same blueprint isn't used here.

The only question is whether any coaches will be retained for recruiting, etc..

2 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Damon, when did you start posting on HuskerBoard?! :facepalm:

Not sure, Allan maybe a couple years before you?

Ever tried saying what you believe even when you know you are going to catch hell, or do you just jump like a lemming?

If Scott cared so much about NU, why did he bolt the state for Stanford?  

Why didn't he throw his hat in three years ago?

Other than cold green cash, why would he want to come to this meat grinder conference, crushing fan and media expectation, with real recruiting difficulties, a place where coach careers go to die in the last 15 years?

When he can wait for a better spot, equal cash while playing annually for CC's?  

Love of the state?  He seems a little too goal oriented for that to me.

11 minutes ago, Kernel Red said:

Coaches will be called in first. Then players. After that there will be announcement followed by press conference. 

That was the T.O. playbook and I would be very surprised if that same blueprint isn't used here.

So... no emails?

Seeing some speculate that Frost may stay at UCF.  That’s insane.  It’s a coaches market with many high profile P5 teams looking for coaches.  His name is hot and he’s sitting on the winning lotttery ticket.  If he doesn’t cash it now he’s a crazy person.

• Plus1 3

18 minutes ago, Kernel Red said:

Best clue would be to watch Twitter and see what the players are saying .

17 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

Ever tried saying what you believe even when you know you are going to catch hell, or do you just jump like a lemming?

Other than cold green cash, why would he want to come to this meat grinder conference, crushing fan and media expectation, with real recruiting difficulties, a place where coach careers go to die in the last 15 years?

Wish there was a way to downvote this post into oblivion. I hate it's tone, it's question mark "logic", and the defeatist attitude that is being unfairly projected on Scott Frost (that says more about what is between the poster's ears than Scott Frost's ears.)

Edited by cheekygeek
  • Plus1 3
19 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

Let me address the bolded part in red first: Because he was a 17-18 year old kid who had dreams of playing QB in the NFL and he thought that Bill Walsh could get him there moreso than Tom Osborne.

As far as the rest of your post: 

1. Doubtful he was ready three years ago.

2. Because he's an intense competitor and wants to be the best.  And to be the best, you have to beat the best.

3. I want a "goal oriented" coach.  The last three we've had have all been satisfied with mediocre to average performances.

Edited by Making Chimichangas
  • Plus1 4
18 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

Hmm seems to me you just characterized all blueblood programs minus recruiting difficulties. Remember, Florida just fired a coach that had 2 divisional championships in 3 years. Our coach had the worst season since 1961. Which one should be fired? 

Maybe you should go be a fan of another team

• Plus1 3