** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

So UCLA's win last night vs CAL gets them bowl eligible. I kept hearing when Kelly was the front runner for the Florida job he may not make the announcement of going to Florida until Sunday when the season was over due to some contract clause from the Niners. But if he is now going to UCLA, does that mean he could announce he is going to UCLA today given the Bruins regular season is over?

Just curious as if Kelly throws everyone a curve ball and ends up at Florida or somewhere else, he can create quiet the domino effect.

27 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Florida may try to get Frost one more time, but I do think they are leaning toward someone else, like a Strong, Taggart or Mullen. I even read somewhere where there is starting to be push for Spurrier to take over again. What is happening in Gainesville is a mess.

Its a huge mess.  Yet some here are still whining that we didn't fire riley weeks ago and run around like chickens as well.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Gage County said:

So how would that work? Frost would necessarily have to quit his UCF job to sign the NU contract. Then Frost stays at UCF through Jan 2nd while being employed at NU. Makes no sense. 

What about recruiting? That starts on Sunday. You'd be ok with Frost taking the whole month of Dec off from recruiting so he can coach for a school that he no longer is employed by? Please don't suggest he could do both.

If he were to accept before the bowl (which for NU's sake and the money he will likely make-he ought to do), wouldn't be shocked if he comes to NU, all his assistants stay back, Chinander coaches the bowl and is in Lincoln that night. I've said it before, but it's very likely this follows the blueprint of Rhule leaving Temple. 

Just now, runningblind said:

Its a huge mess.  Yet some here are still whining that we didn't fire riley weeks ago and run around like chickens as well.

Eh, I'll be honest, after I think it was the Minnesota loss, I was one of those people thinking the firing had to happen now. But I get what Moos was doing and what he did, and in the long run it has and will help us. But those who were more level headed then myself and stayed patient were in the right. Moos waiting, and even not firing Riley yesterday was the best way to handle this. Hopefully it does come today, but like I posted in the Come on Moos thread, the longer this goes with silence from Nebraska and Frost, the more I think things are already locked in place.

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, dvdcrr said:

With Scott it seems to be all about Scott.  I dont really think he gives two craps about NU over another University.  So if he does come here it will be all about money.  Because there are no real good football reasons to come here.  Much better sich at UCF

This is incorrect.

UCF is not in a great football situation. They're competing with power five schools for the best local talent, they don't have top tier facilities, they're unlikely to ever make the CFP in that conference and they don't have strong booster/fan support. They're undefeated but they lost every single game they played two seasons ago, lest we forget.

Nebraska, despite its recent failing, is objectively a better job than UCF.

• Plus1 3

Just now, BoneyardHusker said:

Eh, I'll be honest, after I think it was the Minnesota loss, I was one of those people thinking the firing had to happen now. But I get what Moos was doing and what he did, and in the long run it has and will help us. But those who were more level headed then myself and stayed patient were in the right. Moos waiting, and even not firing Riley yesterday was the best way to handle this. Hopefully it does come today, but like I posted in the Come on Moos thread, the longer this goes with silence from Nebraska and Frost, the more I think things are already locked in place.

If you have a plan, and are executing it, there is no need to broadcast it or make rash, ill thought out decisions.  I am very happy with Moos so far.

• Plus1 3
10 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

I got a feeling today will be a crazy day in the rumor world. I woke up a bit on the optimistic side and think we will hear something more concrete about Frost to Nebraska today.

I'm doubtful. If Frost is in fact the next coach, I'm pretty confident nothing will come from his camp until after the AAC championship game.

• Plus1 2

college football custom dictates that face-to-face meetings between sitting head coaches and school officials don’t take place until a coach has finished the regular season (including any championship games). So watch Nebraska and Florida this next week. If either appears to be moving toward a hire that isn’t Frost, perhaps they got a backchannel answer from Frost. But don’t expect a final yes to anyone until he can meet with the people from the schools that want to hire him.

Source: https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/11/24/scott-frost-ucf-nebraska-florida-coaching-search

• Plus1 1
49 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Moos made us look like a levelheaded stable program. Florida looks like a total joke right now 

• Plus1 3