** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

10 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Cats get to lounge around all day sunbathing and getting massages. If I want to be able to lounge around all day sunbathing and getting massages, I should start sitting in boxes. The problem is I have too many ribs to groom myself.

There are surgeries to remedy that. I believe Marilyn Manson had it done IIRC. 

Just sayin’.

6 hours ago, secretasianman said:

Oh come on now, that’s a bit dramatic. 

I would love to see Frost get a shot here, but he’s not the only one that can save Nebraska.

That’s like saying Harbaugh is the only one who could save Michigan.

How’s that working out? Still can’t beat the Buckeyes.

Nah, he has a point. This fan base has been beaten down, mocked by ESPN, taken for granted, kicked in the groin, and yet we’ve been showing up, year after year.

The fan base needs a win, even if it’s a backroom one, because we really haven’t had much to go on since we succeeded by going to the B1G. 

Frost is the one thing 90% of us can agree upon, and he’s coveted by most of the prolific programs looking right now (well, the ones that don’t have their head up their arse—e.g. Tennessee, ATM). To have someone choose us...well, that’s a win. 

Edited by VectorVictor
  • Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

If we can't get Frost, Fuente would be very solid. Y'all are crazy. 

I have a tough time believing he'd leave a non-bottom feeder Power 5 team after just 2 years.  I think he'd just use us to get a better contract like Houston Nutt and others did when Solich was fired.

Edited by Packerhuskerfan
  • Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

I have a tough time believing he'd leave a non-bottom feeder Power 5 team after just 2 years.  I think he'd just use us to get a better contract like others did when Solich was fired.

You may be right about that now, but if he was hired that would be a fantastic hire. Some don't seem very excited at all about Fuente which I think is crazy. But getting leveraged Florida style would blow. 

7 hours ago, The Cornfather said:

Disclaimer: The only UCF game I've watched this year is the UCF-USF game on Friday. From looking at the seasons box scores and what I saw of their defense the other day I'll be quite content if their DC stays and gets promoted to interim HC.

Boo!

We think that y'all should really grab Chinander. He's from Nebraska or somewhere and so you should really take him if/when Frost comes. 

• Plus1 3

7 hours ago, secretasianman said:

Oh come on now, that’s a bit dramatic. 

I would love to see Frost get a shot here, but he’s not the only one that can save Nebraska.

That’s like saying Harbaugh is the only one who could save Michigan.

How’s that working out? Still can’t beat the Buckeyes.

The whole “frost is the only one that can save Nebraska “ mantra is just so melodramatic. What happens when frost retires?  Do we just fold up the program?  What happens anything else happens to frost to prevent him from coaching?  We turn memorial stadium into a soccer field?

News flash. He’s not the only good coach.  

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

The whole “frost is the only one that can save Nebraska “ mantra is just so melodramatic. What happens when frost retires?  Do we just fold up the program?  What happens anything else happens to frost to prevent him from coaching?  We turn memorial stadium into a soccer field?

News flash. He’s not the only good coach.  

Frost fits better than your favorite sweater but this couldn't be more on point. There is more than one way at a place like Nebraska.