** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

We get it, Frost is the best fit for the program right now. To dismiss Campbell as a poor choice is ignorant. He has arguably had more success than SF with those big wins and pretty much any wins in Ames. He's a tremendous coach and will find himself at a top job for a long time. 

10 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I agree on the Frost part, but if Fuente creates apathy then fans need to get their Husker football bone checked. He has a division title and a 19-7 record through 2 years in the ACC which is probably the second deepest conference behind Big 10. That's pretty dang good.

I am 100% confident Leach is not a candidate. Moos doesn't want to tear apart his work at WSU to bring a coach who doesn't fit  Nebraska and would hurt this program as well. 

I agree about Fuente, but the fan base as a whole (the fans who don't follow every day online like us) would do exactly what they did when Riley was hired. "Who? What a mistake, who cares."

5 minutes ago, Oade said:

I agree about Fuente, but the fan base as a whole (the fans who don't follow every day online like us) would do exactly what they did when Riley was hired. "Who? What a mistake, who cares."

I don't agree with that because fans looked into Riley track record after saying "huh who?" And saw a .500 coach (hate that narrative but I guess it ended up being true) then they said what a big mistake it was. Fuentes record reflects much better.

All of that said, I think everyone agrees Frost is the best hire, and like you are saying that is the important thing. No doubt he would get the most support of any coach we could hire. And Frost would get the most support from this school than any other school in the country. It just makes sense....................but I like Fuente as a backup. 

Edited by Nebfanatic
  • Plus1 2

9 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

We get it, Frost is the best fit for the program right now. To dismiss Campbell as a poor choice is ignorant. He has arguably had more success than SF with those big wins and pretty much any wins in Ames. He's a tremendous coach and will find himself at a top job for a long time. 

He did a horrible coaching job against K-State and lost 3 of his last 4.  He also has a $9.4 million dollar buyout.  I'm sure he'll also get a new bigger and better contract soon which we'd have to try to outbid.  He'll cost more overall than Scott Frost to get.

Edited by Packerhuskerfan
1 minute ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

He did a horrible coaching job against K-State and lost 3 of his last 4.  He also has a $9.4 million dollar buyout.  I'm sure he'll also get a new bigger and better contract soon which we'd have to try to outbid.  He'll cost more overall than Scott Frost to get.

At think at this point any other option for coach is being looked at in the event we don't land Frost after trying as hard as we could. 

Please stop talking about Shaw.  There is NO way Shaw leaves Stanford to come here.  He's Stanford alum, well paid, doing great, great recruiting pool around him, loved by the fans, living in paradise.  The NFL is the only move he'd consider making under current circumstances.

And it's laughable that someone suggests that Leach would 'generate major excitement'.  That's really sad.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I don't agree with that because fans looked into Riley track record after saying "huh who?" And saw a .500 coach (hate that narrative but I guess it ended up being true) then they said what a big mistake it was. Fuentes record reflects much better.

All of that said, I think everyone agrees Frost is the best hire, and like you are saying that is the important thing. No doubt he would get the most support of any coach we could hire. And Frost would get the most support from this school than any other school in the country. It just makes sense.

You make a good point with that comparison. 

But Idk, even once he is "accepted", the fan base is going to split at the first sign of failure imo. They might not want to fire him over night, but you can be sure people would be talking about Frost after Fuente's first loss.

Edited by Oade
  • Plus1 2
1 minute ago, stargazer said:

Please stop talking about Shaw.  There is NO way Shaw leaves Stanford to come here.  He's Stanford alum, well paid, doing great, great recruiting pool around him, loved by the fans, living in paradise.  The NFL is the only move he'd consider making under current circumstances.

And it's laughable that someone suggests that Leach would 'generate major excitement'.  That's really sad.

Mike'l Severe has made great points about Shaw the past few weeks.  Shaw would have been a great candidate 3 years ago, as he had been head coach at Stanford for only 4 years, and he might have been willing to look elsewhere.  But, he's firmly trenched at Stanford now.  I understand that Stanford doesn't have a huge alumni and fan base, but to Shaw, it's his home.  He understands what it takes to recruit there, and I think he uses that to his advantage, and has been able to build on what Harbaugh started.

2 minutes ago, Oade said:

You make a good point with that comparison. 

But Idk, even once he is "accepted", the fan base is going to split at the first sign of failure imo. Maybe not quickly or over night, but you can be sure people would be talking about Frost after Fuente's first loss.

I don't disagree, like I said a few posts up I think any speculation outside of Scott Frost is being looked at as a contingency plan if Frost decides to go elsewhere 

36 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

Ok, so I keep hearing about fracture(s) within the fan base. What are the fractures? Is it fans that wouldn't like a non-Frost coach? Or different philosophies about how to move forward (spread v. power)? Geography?

What would Frost be uniting?

It started with the firing of Frank Solich in 2003 (fan split on firing) for Bill Callahan (can only mention his name this one time)

Cally was liked by some loathed by some

Cally was fired and Bo was hired.  Briefly united fan base because of horrific 2007 campaign (2017 worse)

Bo created a huge rift with the Boleavers and Bolievers.......

Riley was a WTF hire by most.  Mister .500..........

Everyone loves Frost.  he is the prodigal son, the chosen one, the one to lead us from the wilderness we have been in since HE last brought home the MNC to UN

Today, most arguments go back to bad mouthing either Frank, Cally, Bo and now Riley

• Plus1 3