** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

On another note, I went down an internet rabbit hole of tweets earlier that led me to a Florida board and most of their posters were writing off Frost as unattainable at this point and committed to us. I know it’s Internet forum postings but as a general barometer it’s a good sign. Their insider equivalents to say Hedley hear are basically saying Frost is a lost cause

• Plus1 2

If we are really going to spend some cash on a staff, I'd love to look at Venables as DC....That Clemson D is nasty.  Kevin Steele as well...

Unsure who Frost (if coming) would bring....I'm not a fan of the 3-4 unless we have the horses.  If Chinander comes, he appears to run a more multiple 3-4.....

1 minute ago, lo country said:

It started with the firing of Frank Solich in 2003 (fan split on firing) for Bill Callahan (can only mention his name this one time)

Cally was liked by some loathed by some

Cally was fired and Bo was hired.  Briefly united fan base because of horrific 2007 campaign (2017 worse)

Bo created a huge rift with the Boleavers and Bolievers.......

Riley was a WTF hire by most.  Mister .500..........

Everyone loves Frost.  he is the prodigal son, the chosen one, the one to lead us from the wilderness we have been in since HE last brought home the MNC to UN

Today, most arguments go back to bad mouthing either Frank, Cally, Bo and now Riley

This is off topic a bit. Can you explain why yourself, and others, have long responses but still feel the need to abbreviate certain things still?

I don't understand the point :D

9 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Gruden-Saban-Osborne 

How does Gruden even belong with those names?

Answer:  He Doesn’t.

He basically has no college coaching experience and is a career .500 NFL coach. I’d go crazy if my AD gave this guy $5M.  But he’s great on TV.

Beat me to it... literally another Callahan.  Tennessee making huge mistake if they go for Gruden.  Reminds me of Kiffen, high visibility coordinators who never could succeed in position of head coach.  History is littered with them.   Let's avoid that mistake again ourselves.

• Plus1 1

Honestly Florida is in a bad spot if we land Frost, Kelly goes to UCLA.  That leaves them with flash in the pan risks of up and comers with high end buyouts, hiring a coordinator, or taking a risk on a known commodity like Leach that’s never really been to the top.  Not a great spot to be in while also competing for coaches against Tenn, Ol Miss, and Arkansas.

im just VERY thankful we might get out of this with our guy.

43 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Unless someone from the Shaw/Richt/Petersen tier is a realistic candidate, then Frost is the only answer right now.

Outside this tier of coaches, I don't see anyone having an impact like Scott would have.  The other options sound underwhelming and haven't won anything worthwhile.  Scott is about to turn around UCF completely from 0-12 to 12-0 plus conference champ.  At the fbs level.

Edited by TherealTomOsborne
Just now, runningblind said:

This is off topic a bit. Can you explain why yourself, and others, have long responses but still feel the need to abbreviate certain things still?

I don't understand the point :D

My bad.  I try to not write long paragraphs. Which abbreviation specifically?  More than happy to help.

1 minute ago, epocSoN said:

Honestly Florida is in a bad spot if we land Frost, Kelly goes to UCLA.  That leaves them with flash in the pan risks of up and comers with high end buyouts, hiring a coordinator, or taking a risk on a known commodity like Leach that’s never really been to the top.  Not a great spot to be in while also competing for coaches against Tenn, Ol Miss, and Arkansas.

im just VERY thankful we might get out of this with our guy.

Fans seem to be shifting to Taggart vs. Strong at this point based on what I read. Every time somebody chimed in about Frost the response was always “Dude he’s going to Nebraska”

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, olddominionhusker said:

Fans seem to be shifting to Taggart vs. Strong at this point based on what I read. Every time somebody chimed in about Frost the response was always “Dude he’s going to Nebraska”

I would be deeply concerned if Taggart gets hired away from Oregon.  I think that would be the one place that Frost would place above Nebraska.  It's where he got his first FBS coaching gig, he has a strong relationship with Nebraska, and he and his wife may feel better suited for the West Coast.

53 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I agree on the Frost part, but if Fuente creates apathy then fans need to get their Husker football bone checked. He has a division title and a 19-7 record through 2 years in the ACC which is probably the second deepest conference behind Big 10. That's pretty dang good.

I am 100% confident Leach is not a candidate. Moos doesn't want to tear apart his work at WSU to bring a coach who doesn't fit  Nebraska and would hurt this program as well. 

Maybe it's just the want to win at the highest level, but I don't think Fuente has done anything more than Bo Pelini.  I enjoyed Bo Pelini, but he couldn't get it done on any big stage.  I agree the ACC is getting deeper as the years go on, but until Fuente wins something other than a Belk bowl I'm a little underwhelmed.  Scott will bring a presence to this program that nobody else could bring at this point, especially in regards to his season he's having this year.

• Plus1 1

Tennessee will be announcing soon ... it'll be either Campbell, Mullen, or Schiano. Most fans think it will be Campbell or Mullen. Remember that guy last week who was saying Frost to the Vols was a 99% certainty :lol:

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/espns-chris-low-names-top-3-candidates-tennessee-job-expects-announcement-come-soon

Edited by The Scarlet Pimpernel
  • Plus1 2