** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

4 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

To be fair I believe Mavric was simply providing a rundown of what the 247 media staff were writing. It is good info, but not quite the same as having inside info. If you believe Hedley, and I know everyone is a cynic on message board inside sources, I can see why some would choose to give his posts a bit more creedance over what Mav posted. It isn’t saying posters don’t appreciate Mav’s Contributions, but not exactly the same thing. If you don’t choose to believe Hedley then Mav’s post is good also being from media provided info.

Again not a shot at Hedley here, but look at all of the people across the message boards that claim to have inside information on a coaching search where the "circle of knowledge" in these real life scenarios is no more than a handful of people. It's not impossible for a message board member to have that kind of info I suppose, but 99.9% of them are taking their shot, and are ultimately full of s#!t. Basically, my thinking on the "inside information guy" is in line with what you've seen from @knapplc

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

To be fair I believe Mavric was simply providing a rundown of what the 247 media staff were writing. It is good info, but not quite the same as having inside info. If you believe Hedley, and I know everyone is a cynic on message board inside sources, I can see why some would choose to give his posts a bit more creedance over what Mav posted. It isn’t saying posters don’t appreciate Mav’s Contributions, but not exactly the same thing. If you don’t choose to believe Hedley then Mav’s post is good also being from media provided info.

I don't see how or why you should believe anything until the U announces it? Frost can do whatever he wants ,so it's disingenuous to say you know something that hasn't been put in writing and signed. I haven't seen the attitude of the Miss St. AD about Mullen coming from anyone at UCF yet.....maybe they're not done?

1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Well when the schedules were put in place I am sure PSU was not having as down of a year as they may have right after the Sandusky stuff.  You are also missing the point that UCF played several power 5 teams that year and beat some really good ranked teams, and had only one loss by 3 points to a ranked South Carolina team.  I would argue that UCF's 2013 schedule was tougher than Wisconsin's 2017 schedule, yet UCF would never be considered for a CFP spot while Wisconsin will given they are in a Power 5 conference.  This is all the more reason that Frost will decide to leave UCF for Nebraska.  

Yep. It makes no sense unless he is waiting out a specific job. Take Tom Herman for instance. He was THE guy two years ago and extended with Houston. But, all he was really doing was waiting out the Texas job.  In Frost’s case it makes no sense if this is in fact his dream job. UCF is a stepping stone program at this point. It’s not really a destination unless you are an older guy finishing out a career. 

1 minute ago, Hayseed said:

I don't see how or why you should believe anything until the U announces it? Frost can do whatever he wants ,so it's disingenuous to say you know something that hasn't been put in writing and signed. I haven't seen the attitude of the Miss St. AD about Mullen coming from anyone at UCF yet.....maybe they're not done?

Not sure how this relates to the original posted question from B.B. about why posters aren’t giving Mav’s posts from earlier today more credence than Hedley’s?

4 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Well when the schedules were put in place I am sure PSU was not having as down of a year as they may have right after the Sandusky stuff.  You are also missing the point that UCF played several power 5 teams that year and beat some really good ranked teams, and had only one loss by 3 points to a ranked South Carolina team.  I would argue that UCF's 2013 schedule was tougher than Wisconsin's 2017 schedule, yet UCF would never be considered for a CFP spot while Wisconsin will given they are in a Power 5 conference.  This is all the more reason that Frost will decide to leave UCF for Nebraska.  

No, you're right, but I think their board is dead unless they're winning...if not they choose to go to Disneyworld instead.

8 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Again not a shot at Hedley here, but look at all of the people across the message boards that claim to have inside information on a coaching search where the "circle of knowledge" in these real life scenarios is no more than a handful of people. It's not impossible for a message board member to have that kind of info I suppose, but 99.9% of them are taking their shot, and are ultimately full of s#!t. Basically, my thinking on the "inside information guy" is in line with what you've seen from @knapplc

Fair enough, if you don’t choose to believe Hedley has an inside source then no worries. Mav posted solid info, which did nothing but reinforce what Hedley has stated, but it was information from a 247 article that was ironically provided to those writers by their inside sources. It just depends on what you choose to believe.

Edited by caveman99
1 hour ago, Redux said:

My facebook is literally 90% Husker fans who do nothing but respond with "Well, our fanbase is such a$$hole$ we'll just run him off too!".

We are also hateful....just towards ourselves I guess.

I heard same from family in Nebraska over weekend.  "Frost shouldn't come home because they will fire him if he doesn't win a NC within a few years". Apparently "They" is fans and media.  Weird since most fans and the media seem very reasonable.  I have no idea where this is coming from.  I think it is just something they say to make them sound knowledgeable or maybe they have been miserable for so long they'd rather stay that way.

• Plus1 2
31 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Here is another good read.  Unlike Eichorst a few years back, Moos has met with many of the players and encouraged them to be patient as he plans to bring in a real good coach.  Lamar Jackson is quoted in this story.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/moos-asked-players-for-patience-while-weighing-transfers/article_85ed89d5-ebce-536a-90b0-e979a4a54555.html

Spielman is an absolute must keep. Hope the next coach can hang onto him. 

Just now, caveman99 said:

Fair enough, if you don’t choose to believe Hedley has an inside source then no worries. Mav posted solid info, which did nothing but reinforce what Hedley has stated, but it was in information from a 247 article that was ironically provided to those writers by their inside sources. It just depends on what you choose to believe.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't skeptical of Hedley's insight, but I'm pretty skeptical through coaching searches in general, so that's no dig at him. And like I said, I've enjoyed following Hedley's posts throughout the search.

• Plus1 2