** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, BoneyardHusker said:

1.) Good and smart of Frost using his resources and network to better his program/team with reaching out to Knight.

2.) Phil Knight was sitting next to Frost in the coaches box because well, when the guy who paid and built the program wants to sit in the coaches box I am sure the university makes that accommodation. Also I think this would be the head coaches call, not Frost's.

3.) I guess I don't know if Knight is a mentor to Frost.

First, I wasn't trying to be a jerk, and saying "You're wrong!!!".  Poor choice of words on my part.

Regarding Knight and Frost sitting next to each other, yes it's probably not their "call", but if Knight wanted to move seats, he could have.  He and Frost probably struck up a great relationship while the two were sitting next to each other during games.  There is enough dead time during a game where a coach and a booster can talk to each other.

Finally, here is an Orlando Sentinel article with comments on the relationship between Frost and Knight.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/ucf-knights/os-ucf-scott-frost-nike-mike-bianchi-0508-20160507-column.html

Dear Scott Frost, 

I know you were a great player at NU. I know you are a great coach. I am happy you have an undefeated season at UCF. Even though you have an undefeated season, you will not win a national title at UCF. Isn't that the Pinnacle of coaching? Go get what you deserve at Nebraska.

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

First, I wasn't trying to be a jerk, and saying "You're wrong!!!".  Poor choice of words on my part.

Regarding Knight and Frost sitting next to each other, yes it's probably not their "call", but if Knight wanted to move seats, he could have.  He and Frost probably struck up a great relationship while the two were sitting next to each other during games.  There is enough dead time during a game where a coach and a booster can talk to each other.

Finally, here is an Orlando Sentinel article with comments on the relationship between Frost and Knight.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/ucf-knights/os-ucf-scott-frost-nike-mike-bianchi-0508-20160507-column.html

no worries I didn't interpret that way at all. You are probably more right on this subject then I am. Thanks for posting the article.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, BoneyardHusker said:

no worries I didn't interpret that way at all. You are probably more right on this subject then I am. Thanks for posting the article.

See this is what I like about this board.  People being nice to other people.  Rare these days.

• Plus1 4
1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

So if Frost agrees to come to Nebraska, would he start before his New Years Day bowl game assuming they win this weekend?

I think so. Although really if he wanted to finish out the year and coach in the bowl game I wouldn't care, but I do think he gets started at Nebraska immediately.

2 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

I think so. Although really if he wanted to finish out the year and coach in the bowl game I wouldn't care, but I do think he gets started at Nebraska immediately.

He can do both.  He can be hired, start his work at Nebraska using a split squad of coaches.  Then he can go back to UCF for bowl week and look to finish an undefeated season there.  Of course, this would be dependent on how Frost and UCF handles the split.

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

He can do both.  He can be hired, start his work at Nebraska using a split squad of coaches.  Then he can go back to UCF for bowl week and look to finish an undefeated season there.  Of course, this would be dependent on how Frost and UCF handles the split.

Man, I suppose it's possible, but I'd be pretty disappointed if Scott went that route. If you want the Nebraska job, DO the Nebraska job. It's no small undertaking at this point.

• Plus1 3