** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, simplekin said:

Has anyone considered this scenario?...

Frost leaves UCF for Nebraska...

UCF names current UCF OC as head coach.....

Frost names Mark Helfrich OC @ Nebraska.

Would be great. Helfrich is a bit of a wet blanket but he’s a good QB coach and playcaller. I think most people believe he would follow Chip to UCLA but there’s no reason we couldn’t attract him here.

Not sure how I feel about keeping Donte Williams. I get that he didn’t see eye to eye with Diaco, but that’s part of what made this year such an abomination. Trashing Diaco more to defend other assistants seems like a dangerous path. A couple weeks ago, people didn’t want anyone retained.

I wouldn’t mind seeing KW kept here if there’s an opening and Frost decides on that.

1 minute ago, husker98 said:

As someone who is a member of the media, albeit not in TV, no it is not normal.

It is very dependant on the ethics and morals of the owner and editor/producer. And this station is lacking in both of those areas. 

Requesting permission is critical especially when doing something like that. It is a burden not just to the target story but those around them as well. 

Some stations do that, but many don't. Especially for something so petty as hiring a head coach. 

If they got permission it's fine. If not then in my opinion, there's no rules against it to note, as well as the opinion of many of my colleagues I work with that it's pretty trashy and unprofessional.

So just my 2 cents. 

I'm sure some of the media do have ethics.  Great for them.  I think the anti-media sentiment comes from the paparazzi element that infects society. 

What's more sad than an empty seat of a bus loaded with lawyers going over a cliff is an empty seat of a bus loaded with paparazzi going over the cliff and on fire.   (I'm not against lawyers, sometimes you need one.. there's no need for paparazzi).

3 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Is weather really that big of a deal to people? I couldn't stand having the same weather year-round. #TeamSeasons

Lived in San Francisco for a while, where it's basically Nebraska Spring weather all year around (minus thunderstorms).  It's nice at first, but it becomes pretty dreary after a while.

3 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Is weather really that big of a deal to people? I couldn't stand having the same weather year-round. #TeamSeasons

I miss autumn.  But what I would miss most of all is wearing shorts and t-shirt 360 days out of year, and never having to worry about putting on 3000 pounds of winter clothing to go outside to get the mail.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Lived in San Francisco for a while, where it's basically Nebraska Spring weather all year around (minus thunderstorms).  It's nice at first, but it becomes pretty dreary after a while.

I've never been out west sadly, but I've been down south in the summer numerous times. I would never live in that region.

1 minute ago, GamingGlen said:

I miss autumn.  But what I would miss most of all is wearing shorts and t-shirt 360 days out of year, and never having to worry about putting on 3000 pounds of winter clothing to go outside to get the mail.

Meh,  a thermal flannel will do....I don't even own a winter coat:D

2 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

I loved living in Phoenix.  If I wanted to experience the seasons I could drive two hours north and visit a different season..but didn't have to live in it.  :-)

I've always felt the same way about warm weather during the winters here. If the cold gets to me, I'll just take a long weekend.

7 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

The humidity in the south east is way below what is livable for me. If I sweat simply by existing in a location, I don't want to be there.

San Diego though... You get June Gloom and then it is 70-80s year round.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

I loved living in Phoenix.  If I wanted to experience the seasons I could drive two hours north and visit a different season..but didn't have to live in it.  :-)

I lived in Phoenix as well. I'd rather die than live there again

8 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I wasn't that impressed in year 1 or 2.

Yeah true but there were a lot of changes during that time too. Parrella wasn't there the first year and the starters left early. Bray had to take on a depleted LB room with little talent. Donte inherited a mess in addition to Diaco's soft coverage scheme, and was only there a year. It's just a mess.