** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

8 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

My wife bought one of those vacuums when we first got married while I was at work one day. :facepalm: It was somewhere around $1,000, and this was in our "paycheck-to-paycheck" days...... The guy told her it'd last 25 years with no issues, we're about 10 years in and so far so good (knock on wood).

So far, so good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqjJXxBwyl4

Edited by Oade
1 minute ago, skersfan said:

Just looked at the weather, 68 in Omaha, 44 at my house. 

Do you real football guys feel we have the talent to run Coach Frost's offense, or will have to adapt it a lot.

Hoping we have the talent to become a half way descent defense with the right coach.

I've always thought the spread offense/cold weather thing was way overblown. It's not like Nebraska is playing in a blizzard every Saturday. Nebraska's biggest problem is up front. Both sides of the ball. Get that fixed and we'll be able to run any offense Frost wants.

• Plus1 1

I think I can help with this whole Les Miles as a Defensive Coordinator thing. I think people assume he's a defensive minded guy because while he was at LSU his offenses were always mediocre to bad and his defenses were NFL caliber good. Hence why you'd think he was a defensive coach.

giphy.gif 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, skersfan said:

Just looked at the weather, 68 in Omaha, 44 at my house. 

Do you real football guys feel we have the talent to run Coach Frost's offense, or will have to adapt it a lot.

Hoping we have the talent to become a half way descent defense with the right coach.

JD Spielman and Tyjon Lindsey would thrive imo in that offense.  QB I think Gebbia would be serviceable.

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, GamingGlen said:

I meant for up north. Down here, I don't wear pants to get the mail.  My neighbors might point, whistle, and wave, but I don't dress for the mail.   :)

Just run to where you need to go. That will keep you warm. I can't stand the heat. You can always put more clothes on to keep warm, but you can't take any more off after being nude to cool down

• Plus1 2
14 minutes ago, NoKoolAidForME said:

They wouldn’t need to leave right away. Once hired they will be hitting recruiting hard until signing day anyway. If they have kids they will finish out the semester.

Also the coaches will be accomadted just fine until they can find housing.

Yep.  It's not about housing.  

1 minute ago, jsneb83 said:

Just run to where you need to go. That will keep you warm. I can't stand the heat. You can always put more clothes on to keep warm, but you can't take any more off after being nude to cool down

That never really worked for me until my parents bought snowmobiles and we all got snowmobile suits.  Finally, my fingers weren't cold all the time and I could go outside again without shivering.   I was probably a sight walking across campus wearing that suit when I worked evenings at the Engineering Center's computer lab and I lived downtown at the time.  Ah, the good ole days.   Did I say I hate the cold?

9 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

I think I can help with this whole Les Miles as a Defensive Coordinator thing. I think people assume he's a defensive minded guy because while he was at LSU his offenses were always mediocre to bad and his defenses were NFL caliber good. Hence why you'd think he was a defensive coach.

giphy.gif 

He may have been an offensive guy before being HC at LSU.  But anyone who has the talent he had and can't break top 100 offensive production.....yeah turn that ID card in please.  Unreal the amount of people who jumped at wanting him as HC back in September.

On a serious note, who were his last couple DC's and what are they up to?

Edited by Redux