** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Just now, FrantzHardySwag said:

I didn't trust Bovada with my credit card. So I bought a $100 dollar visa giftcard at Walgreens (US use), and sold it for $95 worth of bitcoin. Once I loaded the $95 worth of bitcoin to Bovada they converted the bitcoin back to dollars in my account. Hope that makes sense, it was a new experience for me but I didn't want my credit card on sketch sites.

Ah, so they gave you the dollars for the bit coin value at that time. I was wondering if you were getting double your money considering 1 bit coin is worth about 10k today, whereas a month ago it was worth about 5k. :cowbell:

4 minutes ago, Sparker said:

"I'm about to leave. It's not funny. This whole thing has made Nebraska football about something so singular. This whole thing has just gotten.... it was my greatest fear."

"Who's the first person put off by Frost's behavior?

Case in point why I refer to Benning as an a$$clown.  

• Plus1 2
Just now, billdozer15 said:

Ah, so they gave you the dollars for the bit coin value at that time. I was wondering if you were getting double your money considering 1 bit coin is worth about 10k today, whereas a month ago it was worth about 5k. :cowbell:

Yeah, it captures it at that time. Paxful is the site I sold the visa giftcard on to buy bitcoin and had zero issues - if anyone was interested.

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I didn't trust Bovada with my credit card. So I bought a $100 dollar visa giftcard at Walgreens (US use), and sold it for $95 worth of bitcoin. Once I loaded the $95 worth of bitcoin to Bovada they converted the bitcoin back to dollars in my account. Hope that makes sense, it was a new experience for me but I didn't want my credit card on sketch sites.

BovAda is legit. I have been using them since they were Bodog. Last year my account on there got hacked and about $3000 evaporated from my account. I assumed it was gone but called Bovada customer service anyway. They asked me a few questions, did a short investigation and replaced every dime in my account within a few hours. They are first class folks

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, InOmaha said:

If I were Malzahn, I'd pass on Arkansas just because of the pig call thing they do.

SOOOOOOOEEEEEEEE!  ROFLOL! I still have visions of Dana Altman doing that call!  I think the thought of having to endure that year Ian's out is what caused him to back out of that job!!!!:lol:

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, 614Husker said:

Case in point why I refer to Benning as an a$$clown.  

I don't think so.  Damon has a pretty close view of the program.  He knows a lot of things we don't.  He probably sees a chance to discuss what went wrong in player development, recruiting, attitude, strategy, etc... and all everyone wants to talk about is how Frost is going to have Nebraska competing for B1G Championships in a couple years.

It's not realistic, Benning knows it, and he still has to beat the same drum day after day.  If anything, I'd say Benning wants to brace people for the idea that it may take Frost 5,6,7 years to get the team back to a competitive level.  And he is scared Scott may have the crowd turn on him too soon?

• Plus1 6

7 minutes ago, runningblind said:

If you say it is just as easy to win the division, sure, I can agree with that.

But we are talking national titles, not just getting in the playoff. Winning the playoff. Are you trying to tell me that it is easier to get that kind of talent to NE over FL?

And you think my argument has fallen apart? :facepalm:

If Meyer was from Indiana, which is what we were talking about with Gus and Scott, I would not question it no.

You are trying to prove a point with Scarlet glasses on, take them off and think about which school has a BETTER chance of winning a national championship. 

We will have to agree to disagree as I would not see Meyer leaving in the hypothetical that was brought up, and I think Florida has many similar hurdles that Nebraska faces to winning a title. If I were to rank the 4 divisions in the BIG and SEC, I would put BIG East, SEC West, SEC East, and then BIG West. I think Florida has more competion just to get to their CCG than Nebraska does, and if they cant get to their CCG they are probably not going to make the CFP (as that distinction seems only reserved for Ba and OSU). And you have to make the CFP to win a NC...that might be where we disagree the most. And if Florida and Nebraska both made the CFP at the same time, I disagree that Florida would have a better chance of winning the game vs Nebraska. It all comes down to the coaches, key players, and the dynamics of that specific game.

Today's news sure brings some added stress to all of us watching "As the Coaching Chair Turns."  Tennessee has been exposed as the character that nobody knows as of yet if he is the crazy villain or the righteous hero.  

The guy with the mullet from Stillwater is being courted to leave for Tennessee, which will pour a dump truck load of money down to save face.  Too bad a certain booster in Stillwater has more money than ten tandem-axles filled with gold.  But do those two truly get along now?  

Texas A&M is looking for a new coach and some say that the guy from FSU is tired of his old house and without enough money for his choice of staff.  However, he will only say he is focusing on the ever important matchup with University of Louisiana Monroe.  If that is not a non answer that says "I am out of here."  

Will the up and comer from Iowa State move to Tallahassee?  

We all sit and wait, hoping this will not impact our chosen son...and honestly, I think it all goes to further the narrative that this is the place and time for him to come home.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Rike Miley said:

Alma mater I believe

3 hours ago, Dewiz said:

I believe that it has to deal with the boosters at Auburn and their unrealistic expectations.

Edit: I should’ve included this as well but what others have said, Arkansas is his Alma Mater 

Him being a native helps, but I'm thinking having to deal with Auburn boosters might be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Edited by Judoka
50 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

So...can anyone educate me on how to take advantage of this? I'll admit I'm clueless as to how these sites operate...

If you see a (-) it means you need to bet that amount to win $100

If you see a (+) it means you need to bet $100 to win that amount

So Frost is -250.  Meaning it's a good chance for him to be NU coach.  So you would have to bet $250 to win $100

The other coaches are -150.  Meaning they aren't to sure.  So you bet $100 to make $150

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, HuskerPowerVA said:

Today's news sure brings some added stress to all of us watching "As the Coaching Chair Turns."  Tennessee has been exposed as the character that nobody knows as of yet if he is the crazy villain or the righteous hero.  

The guy with the mullet from Stillwater is being courted to leave for Tennessee, which will pour a dump truck load of money down to save face.  Too bad a certain booster in Stillwater has more money than ten tandem-axles filled with gold.  But do those two truly get along now?  

Texas A&M is looking for a new coach and some say that the guy from FSU is tired of his old house and without enough money for his choice of staff.  However, he will only say he is focusing on the ever important matchup with University of Louisiana Monroe.  If that is not a non answer that says "I am out of here."  

Will the up and comer from Iowa State move to Tallahassee?  

We all sit and wait, hoping this will not impact our chosen son...and honestly, I think it all goes to further the narrative that this is the place and time for him to come home.

giphy.gif

• Plus1 1