** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

3 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I read this morning that USC's offensive coordinator is sure to be getting consideration in this year's coaching carousel.

His name is Tee Martin.

Which would make him Tennessee's Scott Frost. But very little Tee Martin discussion in the Tennessee chatter. I think it would be a safer choice than the parade of retreads they're now forced to consider.

My understanding is that terms had been drawn up for Shiano and he had boarded the plane for the trip to Knoxville when the offer was rescinded due to fan outcry on social media. Which means it's very likely that Tennessee will owe Shiano money -- perhaps considerable money — before they ever hire the coach who will actually coach. 

If it's wrong to use someone else's dumpster fire to feel a bit warmer about your own football program, I plead guilty. 

Tee Martin is Tennessee's Scott Frost, and I thought they should go after him this year.  But, he doesn't have head coaching experience, so he's basically like Frost's resume 3 years ago when people were saying that Frost wasn't experienced enough for the NU job.

4 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If it's wrong to use someone else's dumpster fire to feel a bit warmer about your own football program, I plead guilty.

We've had years or stretches of years of our program being one since 99.  Don't feel bad.  it's a different feeling to feel like a winner again, I must admit.

• Plus1 1

Don't worry about Jimbo to A&M, then Taggert to FSU effecting Frost.  FSU still has a game this Saturday (make up Hurricane Irma game).  So if Jimbo goes, it won't be until Sunday at the earliest, and by then Frost will already be in the fold.

Edit - Just seeing that CO mentioned this a few posts above.

Edited by Red Five
  • Plus1 1

So, a few of the coaches that were suggested as viable alternatives if Scott Frost were to turn down the Husker offer have been taken off the board.

Note: I'm not making any suggestion these were realistic, just that they were brought up

Chip Kelley to UCLA, Mullen to Florida, Campbell staying at ISU, etc

Who is left that would cause us concern if they were suddenly out of play?  The guy from VT?  Neonmumble from the Academy?  

I know we are all 100% sure Frost is N, but knowing there are still a few likely names on Moos's list gives me a bit of peace of mind.  What names being erased would raise the overall blood pressure?

1 minute ago, grandpasknee said:

So, a few of the coaches that were suggested as viable alternatives if Scott Frost were to turn down the Husker offer have been taken off the board.

Note: I'm not making any suggestion these were realistic, just that they were brought up

Chip Kelley to UCLA, Mullen to Florida, Campbell staying at ISU, etc

Who is left that would cause us concern if they were suddenly out of play?  The guy from VT?  Neonmumble from the Academy?  

I know we are all 100% sure Frost is N, but knowing there are still a few likely names on Moos's list gives me a bit of peace of mind.  What names being erased would raise the overall blood pressure?

Fuente 

• Plus1 3
11 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I read this morning that USC's offensive coordinator is sure to be getting consideration in this year's coaching carousel.

His name is Tee Martin.

Which would make him Tennessee's Scott Frost. But very little Tee Martin discussion in the Tennessee chatter. I think it would be a safer choice than the parade of retreads they're now forced to consider.

My understanding is that terms had been drawn up for Shiano and he had boarded the plane for the trip to Knoxville when the offer was rescinded due to fan outcry on social media. Which means it's very likely that Tennessee will owe Shiano money -- perhaps considerable money — before they ever hire the coach who will actually coach. 

I don't know if Tee Martin is that safe of a choice.  He hasn't really shown much as OC this year that would warrant consideration from anyone else.  Even a mid-major

Also regarding Frost and Oregon, I think if it came to it, if he were to leave UCF and had to choose between Nebraska his alma mater or a place he has already coached I think he chooses Nebraska.

If Frost isn't already N, it's between us and UCF and will be that way until Saturday night or Sunday morning when he makes his decision.

On 11/27/2017 at 3:27 PM, husker98 said:

As someone who is a member of the media, albeit not in TV, no it is not normal.

It is very dependant on the ethics and morals of the owner and editor/producer. And this station is lacking in both of those areas. 

Requesting permission is critical especially when doing something like that. It is a burden not just to the target story but those around them as well. 

Some stations do that, but many don't. Especially for something so petty as hiring a head coach. 

If they got permission it's fine. If not then in my opinion, there's no rules against it to note, as well as the opinion of many of my colleagues I work with that it's pretty trashy and unprofessional.

So just my 2 cents. 

On 11/27/2017 at 3:38 PM, tyrone_biggums said:

Dirk and Mike'l were saying it was probably a bogus or exaggerated claim.

On 11/27/2017 at 3:47 PM, QMany said:

Is there something else I'm missing regarding the media? Sounds like reporters appeared at their house, asked for an interview which was declined, and the Frosts offered a nice comment about Frost coming home.  Is that alone what some are considering harassing and tactless?

23 hours ago, NoKoolAidForME said:

They wouldn’t need to leave right away. Once hired they will be hitting recruiting hard until signing day anyway. If they have kids they will finish out the semester.

Also the coaches will be accomadted just fine until they can find housing.

Because its going to take me seven years to catch up with the thread, I wanted to address these before they’re eight days behind.

Its not the coaches that are cleaning out their desks, it’s the staffers. Someone who gathers game film, or works on itineraries for recruiting doesn’t need to stick around if they’re heading to Lincoln.

As far as the media staking out the Frost home, I’m not so quick to believe that it didn’t happen. I’ve been in news meetings with that station, and it is 100% something they would do. In fact, before I went into the sports department, they had me do something similar with families of car crash victims, runaways, etc. 

3 minutes ago, Edison's Enemy said:

As far as the media staking out the Frost home, I’m not so quick to believe that it didn’t happen. I’ve been in news meetings with that station, and it is 100% something they would do. In fact, before I went into the sports department, they had me do something similar with families of car crash victims, runaways, etc. 

They didn't. It didn't happen. They called the Frost home, they didn't go in person.

• Plus1 3
3 hours ago, cheekygeek said:

CFB has UCF at #9 this week.

Memphis is at #15.

This is commercialized college football propaganda. Sadly it’s where we are in this day in age. UCFs undefeated season gives them some cache but Memphis? No! They push their rankings up to sell the game. Sell the advertisers in selling the importance of the game. Just like putting Michigan #9 preseason after they lose 20 seniors last year. They only had 1 returning senior on D this year and of course they dump an 8-4 record. So they put them #9. That allows them to lose a game or two and still be high enough to sell the crap out of Ohio State/Michigan by years end. Start them where they should have been and it’s not “as big” when they need it to be. It’s  the cache of the program. Nebraska lost that cache around  2005 and has been searching for it ever since. The good thing is that Michigan regained theirs not because of their play on the field but because of the Harbough hire. I see Nebraska getting a little cache back with SF coming to Lincoln but it be up to the team to maintain it.

Conspiracy? Maybe

50 million in TV contracts.......maybe not

• Plus1 1