** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

18 minutes ago, Landlord said:

How many times over the last ten years have we heard on this board that if we offered enough money we could get any coach we wanted? 

How many of you have said something about not settling for mediocrity and throwing huge chunks of money at people like David Shaw or Chris Petersen, believing we could snag them?

What's happening at Tennessee is proof that that sentiment isn't anywhere close to reality. Take note of the fact that Tennessee offered to essentially double Mike Gundy's salary, and make him the third highest paid coach in the entire country, and he said, "nah".

Or it could be how the coaches in the collegiate level see how much of a dumpster fire that Football program is after how the fans, ex-players and alum overreacted and threw a temper tantrum to the hiring of Greg Schiano when he did nothing wrong in the past. Plus isn’t Gundy their 4th candidate they’ve offered?

Or both are good examples?

13 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

You are fine Ladyhawke...I just shared the link with Landlord letting him know its more than a single person.

Thanks HuskerNation1 but he was right.  Only one person said that we regretted firing Bo and that firing Him turned our program into a dumpster fire.  The rest were commenting about hiring Bo.

Edited by ladyhawke
3 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Them being open to the idea of Pelini is not at all related to them thinking that A) We regret firing him or B) we are a dumpster fire???

Well you got me there Landlord.  Only one person made that comment. But I still think it's hilarious that that ONE person thought that.  

Our program was not a dumpster fire when Bo was here, quite the opposite. We consistently won 9 games a year, won a conference championship for the West that one year, had fun.  When Suh, Rex, Westy, Tommy were here it was fun to watch most of the time.  I agree with one poster over there who said for 3mil Bo wouldn't even pick up the phone.  Bo's problem wasn't his coaching. 

Edited by ladyhawke
  • Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Thanks HuskerNation1. (I actually went back to the link and counted at least 5 people who were for hiring Bo for the job.)

Except that's not what you were talking about. 

21 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

They think we regret firing Bo and that firing him turned our program into a dumpster fire! 

18 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Go back and look at my response to him now.  I edited it.  Question: Were you one who wanted to keep Bo as our coach?

No, but I'm also not one who thinks that he's a bad coach. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bo win a championship at a P5 school someday with a fresh start, change of scenery and lessons learned from his time here.

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, gorp512 said:

Imo, Wisconsin can put it to anyone with their style. They seriously may just sneak themselves into a National Championship (Which may be good for the Huskers, having the NC in their division). 

Wouldn't be shocking for UCF to hang with anyone outside the Top 6. 

Maybe we should take our identity back from them.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Landlord said:

No, but I'm also not one who thinks that he's a bad coach. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bo win a championship at a P5 school someday with a fresh start, change of scenery and lessons learned from his time here.

I don't think he's a bad coach either. What I found humorous  was the perception this individual had of Bo's firing and that it was the reason that we have had a poor season.  I was also intrigued as to why you chose my post.  Doesn't really matter.  I just like good discussion and ours has increased the pages of this Megathread!

Not a Pelini fan by any means,  has nothing to do with his coaching ability.  Did some things in the past that I was not in agreement with.   But read a story this summer about a young man that had gotten in trouble in high school, sexual assault.  Coach Pelini became sold on the kid and went to work on getting the kid shaped up and flying right, he made the team, but the school found about the past and the students wanted him gone.  Coach Pelini worked very hard to keep his word to the kid and got him back on the team.  It does show he is steadfast on he beliefs and truly is helping a kid that most would not.  I hope it turns out well for the kid and it doesn't bite Bo.  It has changed my opinion some of him.  Still think he is a long way from ever being a Power 5 coach again.  Wishing him luck is very hard for me.  But he is making steps to repair his rep.  That is all I can ask of him.  

I don't think he would be a good fit at TN though  Their fan base is far crazier than ours.  He would clash quickly I think

Edited by skersfan