** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Still in the belief if there has been no chatter or leaks about any other candidates really, that this is probably as close to a done deal as there is with Frost.

The only other name that has been leaked is Fuente and that he is the back-up plan if something crazy were to happen to Frost to Nebraska.  

Basically we are just in a waiting mode until Saturday or Sunday.

7 hours ago, Landlord said:

No, but I'm also not one who thinks that he's a bad coach. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bo win a championship at a P5 school someday with a fresh start, change of scenery and lessons learned from his time here.

Would of loved to have seen Bo with competent assistants around him. Those assistants (and his attitude obviously) is what cost him. But yeah, after Riley, those consistent 9-10 win seasons sound pretty good.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Would of loved to have seen Bo with competent assistants around him. Those assistants (and his attitude obviously) is what cost him. But yeah, after Riley, those consistent 9-10 win seasons sound pretty good.

What kills me is that every year we got our DB coach poached.  We wouldnt pony up and keep them, but they bring in Riley and we open the wallet quite a bit for assistants. It was like they were wanting him to fail so they would have an excuse to fire him. 

11 minutes ago, BartonHusker said:

Still in the belief if there has been no chatter or leaks about any other candidates really, that this is probably as close to a done deal as there is with Frost.

The only other name that has been leaked is Fuente and that he is the back-up plan if something crazy were to happen to Frost to Nebraska.  

Basically we are just in a waiting mode until Saturday or Sunday.

And that basically sums it up.  See you all on Sunday!

Dang, I'm hooked at this point,  I can't give up on the thread.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

What kills me is that every year we got our DB coach poached.  We wouldnt pony up and keep them, but they bring in Riley and we open the wallet quite a bit for assistants. It was like they were wanting him to fail so they would have an excuse to fire him. 

I think it did have a little to do with that but I also think it was just in our nature a bit and we are finally starting to come to the realization as a program if we want results we need to invest considerable funds into coaching. We've been playing moneyball with the coaching staff for too long and now we really have no excuses with the BIG 10 money coming in full this year.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

There's probably a lot of truth in that, but Pelini has nobody to blame but himself. Yeah he was winning 9 games a year, but if you want to keep your job after all those blowout losses you can't berate the fans/media/bosses and expect to do so. Let's not forget how embarrassing his antics were becoming to this program. Nebraska football was becoming a national punchline.

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

I think it did have a little to do with that but I also think it was just in our nature a bit and we are finally starting to come to the realization as a program if we want results we need to invest considerable funds into coaching. We've been playing moneyball with the coaching staff for too long and now we really have no excuses with the BIG 10 money coming in full this year.

I agree.  Like one of the paper guys wrote, we need to pay coaches to match our expectations.  Will be interesting to see who Frost brings in.  I think it will be mainly his guys from UCF, but I will like to see who he fills the holes in the staff with.  Does he go with loyal guys he knows and trusts, or does he hire some big name proven recruiters. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, voiceoverguy said:

giphy.gif

Meh, I'm not sure there are too many guys out there with a better defensive mind than Pelini. He just couldn't recruit to the level he needed to run it properly. We seen what he could do with real NFL talent. That 2009 Nebraska Defense was one of the best I've ever seen at the college level.

• Plus1 4
1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

There's probably a lot of truth in that, but Pelini has nobody to blame but himself. Yeah he was winning 9 games a year, but if you want to keep your job after all those blowout losses you can't berate the fans/media/bosses and expect to do so. Let's not forget how embarrassing his antics were becoming to this program. Nebraska football was becoming a national punchline.

Yes, but when you look back it at, the way Eichorst treated him probably deserved the comments Bo made about him.  Sorry for the thread derail.  Cant wait to see Frost on our sidelines and DONU competing for Conference titles again

59 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

On what planet does going out of your way to help a rapist play a sport making you a good person?

On what planet do people in their mid 40s who are bats#!t crazy suddenly learn something/mature when in their late 40s? He wasn't a teenager going through puberty while coaching here. The dude has had worse sideline antics at YSU than he did at Nebraska. He didn't go to YSU because he's humble. He did it because it's his hometown and it kept the $ flowing from Nebraska.

Lastly, he's 6-5 this year and he's out of his Nebraska transfers.

Alright...the other day a poster was convinced Bo had a mental disorder. Clearly some of you don't really understand the difference between disease and personality. Bo is an emotional guy. That plays to his advantage to motivate his players. It also is a double edged sword when he faces conflict. Bo struggled to handle the pressure in the right way. Most of us would as well. I see Pelini as a guy that wants to feel appreciated for his hard work. We've learned that some of his complaints about his superiors were pretty accurate. 

The guy isn't a bad coach or a bad person. We got to see him at his worst as he was under high stress. Most of us aren't proud of our worst. Enough ragging on the guy. You haven't seen bat $hit crazy if you believe that describes a pelini tirade...

• Plus1 4