** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Outside of recruiting location, all the so called perks to coaching ucf over nebraska is said from the "comfortable" perspective. Coaches are competitors. So yeah, less pressure at UCF but the ceiling is low as well. So I don't think the perceived advantages of coaching at a smaller school are really advantages from a coaches point of view 

If the B1G were to ever expand we are talking Kansas, Oklahoma or Texas.  Personally I think the most likely scenario would be Kansas and Oklahoma.  The B1G likes having states connect and of course Kansas is connected to Nebraska and Oklahoma to Kansas.  In the end I still don't really know if the BIG XII will fall apart or not?

11 minutes ago, STL Husker said:

I also vastly under estimated the value of Rutgers and Maryland.  TV's mean everything and recruiting territory isn't far behind.  But again, I was just trying to give a reason why UCF might be considered a better job.

One has been playing football for a very long time and is under armours baby. The other was one of the two teams to play the game for the first time in history.

Both are also in fertile recruiting grounds.

Big difference with Maryland and rutgers over UCF is name brand and recognition. UCF has neither. Is maybe the third biggest brand in the state and the empty grand stands are evidence of General interest in the program despite a undefeated season.

No conference wants a school that can't fill a stadium on an undefeated season.

There is no valid reason to stay at UCF if your an ambitious coach who wants to win titles.

6 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I'm not usually one of those people who bash on a sportscaster because they have an opinion I don't like.

That said, Kanell's opinions are often a special kind of stupid. There's no objective way to argue UCF is a 'better' job than Nebraska or even suggest that this 'might' be true. UCF has some positives, but, that does not mean there's any substance to his argument.

If Frost was undefeated at Nebraska right now, he would be sitting at Wisconsin's spot in the CFB playoff rankings not in UCF's spot. I would like to see UCF ranked higher but that isn't the case and won't be the case in the future. 

• Plus1 4
5 minutes ago, BartonHusker said:

If the B1G were to ever expand we are talking Kansas, Oklahoma or Texas.  Personally I think the most likely scenario would be Kansas and Oklahoma.  The B1G likes having states connect and of course Kansas is connected to Nebraska and Oklahoma to Kansas.  In the end I still don't really know if the BIG XII will fall apart or not?

A lot of people don't realize that Notre Dame joined the BiG in March of 2016 for HOCKEY ONLY. However, this was still significant:

What does this mean for Notre Dame and the Big Ten, generally?

It would be tempting to say that this helps the chances of Notre Dame eventually joining the Big Ten in all sports, but that almost certainly isn't in the cards for a long time. If anything though, grabbing Notre Dame is a real coup for the Big Ten, which has had to overcome decades of bad blood between ND and the conference. If the alumni base and administration can stomach having B1G affiliation for one sport, perhaps they may be open to other relationships once their deal with the ACC expires over the next decade.

- source.

13 hours ago, NoKoolAidForME said:

I for one hope they lose.  I don’t want to see OSU again, buttery are already a name.  If WI makes it and shows well, that’s just another team to compete with for top recruits. They already develop talent well, we don’t need them selling recruits on the ability to actually win too. 

This is what we’ve become? I hope they curb stomp those punks!

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, husker98 said:

One has been playing football for a very long time and is under armours baby. The other was one of the two teams to play the game for the first time in history.

Both are also in fertile recruiting grounds.

Big difference with Maryland and rutgers over UCF is name brand and recognition. UCF has neither. Is maybe the third biggest brand in the state and the empty grand stands are evidence of General interest in the program despite a undefeated season.

No conference wants a school that can't fill a stadium on an undefeated season.

There is no valid reason to stay at UCF if your an ambitious coach who wants to win titles.

I strongly disagree.  I doubt many people even know where Rutgers is, and most couldn't tell you what conference they were in before the Big 10.

Just now, Packerhuskerfan said:

Hopefully, Moos and company get on their plane Saurday morning and met with Frost late Saturday afternoon, because I get the feeling UCF is going to make another charge at signing Frost for an extension. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/UCFDannyWhite/status/935897321522585601

Smart A.D.s know how to raise money out of EVERY situation. It's a "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade" moment, if they know how to use it. Don't confuse UCF's using the situation to raise money with a fundamental shift in Scott Frost's brain. He is N.

• Plus1 1

https://huskercorner.com/2017/11/27/nebraska-football-ucf-staffers/

Long time lurker but never a poster. I hope this hasn’t been posted yet, but if it has my apologies. 

Question of curiosity: WHEN Frost arrives in Lincoln how does everyone think he will perform on the recruiting trail? Will he have to show some big wins prior to big recruits coming our way or will they come due to his name and UCF? I don’t know if his name carries much weight....yet. That is my biggest concern. The BIG10 is a different beast, obviously. 

6 minutes ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

Hopefully, Moos and company get on their plane Saturday morning and met with Frost late Saturday afternoon, because I get the feeling UCF is going to make another charge at signing Frost for an extension. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/UCFDannyWhite/status/935897321522585601

$5M total one time donations but.... only $1M annual commitments.  Collecting one-time donations is much easier than getting people to commit significant annual donations for a significant period of time.  I hope they use that money to keep building a winning program. It will take time...Orlando is not an easy place to develop loyalty because the population base is constantly in flux with people moving away and people moving into the market.   My $0.02

Edited by Husker N StL
context

If you google: Tennessee head coach football right now, this comes up...

interesting.png

Interesting. Next Tennessee target? Or is Google just showing other football head coaches showing up in recent searches. Checking news, it appears that FSU is moving on Taggert (doing background checks).

Edited by cheekygeek