** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

3 minutes ago, STL Husker said:

Haha, I don't know how to embed tweets, but now it sounds like Brohm to UT is not a done deal.  This dumpster fire is getting too hot to even watch.

Wow, they are seriously running out of names, and at this point it just feels like they are throwing offers at anyone.

4 minutes ago, STL Husker said:

Haha, I don't know how to embed tweets, but now it sounds like Brohm to UT is not a done deal.  This dumpster fire is getting too hot to even watch.

Watching them on Reddit is making this week fly by. I highly recommend it. 

Just now, BoneyardHusker said:

Wow, they are seriously running out of names, and at this point it just feels like they are throwing offers at anyone.

I'd be surprised if they don't have Tee Martin in their back pocket. Unsure how he'd do, its a "big" first time head coach job, but at least they'd have one of their own.

9 minutes ago, STL Husker said:

It's gonna be Tee Martin. He's the only one left, right? 

4 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

I just got a call from an agent that I don't even have.  He said UT is willing to offer me $7M/year for 10 years, an orange pick'em up truck and a FOUR tined pitchfork as part of the deal.  I declined.

• Plus1 5
58 minutes ago, Enhance said:

The thing that bothers me is they're former players with influence who also happen to be very opinionated about the program.

You want to talk about division and a fractured fan base, what do you think this kind of talk does, Jay and DB? Some opinions are best left alone, particularly if it involves circumstantial 'he said she said' drama from decades ago.

I remember listening to DB go into this a little more in depth, I believe it was last week.  DB was talking about the former players being able to get behind Frost bc of the issues he's alluded to.  DB said he thought the best way to get the majority of former players "on board" was for Frost to get everything out so that everyone could address it, and then move past it.  So, I think Jay's comment is more about the fact that he is going to have to prepare himself for just that.  

I do agree, tho....it happened 20 flippin' years ago.  Be an adult and let it go.  If you need closure, fine.  But, don't drag the guy down and fracture the program further than it already is.

• Plus1 3

Dear Sharp & Benning,

Let's shine a light in Scott's eye and bring up drama from 20+ years ago. This is a PERFECT way to run him out of Lincoln before he sets foot on campus, idiots! I respect former players but sometimes, these talking heads need to keep their mouth's shut and give a man his personal space. At times, I wonder if some former players are the real poison.

tumblr_no9d35J0qA1rv5j9yo1_500.gif

• Plus1 6
34 minutes ago, Blackshirts014 said:

Yeah this is exactly what it sounded like to me. Some people just need to feel persecuted i guess  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I got the same impression. People seem to be reading way too much into what DB has been saying lately looking for a negative slant against SF that simply isn’t there. What DB has been consistent on is his concern about fans overhyping SF and expecting championships right away. In a way, it feels like everyone is expecting TO v2, and that is unrealistic. DB has said that he believes SF is a good fit but patience is needed.

• Plus1 2
13 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

I just got a call from an agent that I don't even have.  He said UT is willing to offer me $7M/year for 10 years, an orange pick'em up truck and a FOUR tined pitchfork as part of the deal.  I declined.

Hold out for the six tined pitch fork.