2019 Basketball Recruiting Notes

11 hours ago, Mavric said:

Nearly 4 1/2 minutes of highlights & only two jump shots.  If he's going to play in the B1G he's going to have to shoot from the outside.  He won't be able to drive to the basket at will like he apparently can at the juco level.

2 hours ago, ECisGod said:

Nearly 4 1/2 minutes of highlights & only two jump shots.  If he's going to play in the B1G he's going to have to shoot from the outside.  He won't be able to drive to the basket at will like he apparently can at the juco level.

Apparently you've not watched Hoiberg's offense.  He wants his pg to drive to collapse the def., then dish or score.   Him and Green are perfect fits.  Plus, Hoberg will help them with their 3 pt. shooting.  

• Plus1 1
34 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Apparently you've not watched Hoiberg's offense.  He wants his pg to drive to collapse the def., then dish or score.   Him and Green are perfect fits.  Plus, Hoberg will help them with their 3 pt. shooting.  

I know what Hoiberg wants, but being a drive only point guard won't work in the B1G.  Every team will lay off him and cut off driving lanes if they don't respect his ability to shoot.  If you look at Green's highlights there are several jump shots.  Obviously I've never seen a full game with either guy, but I think Green is a better fit based on under five minutes of highlights.  Of course it could be how the highlights are edited.

1 minute ago, ECisGod said:

I know what Hoiberg wants, but being a drive only point guard won't work in the B1G.  Every team will lay off him and cut off driving lanes if they don't respect his ability to shoot.  If you look at Green's highlights there are several jump shots.  Obviously I've never seen a full game with either guy, but I think Green is a better fit based on under five minutes of highlights.  Of course it could be how the highlights are edited.

He shoots 46% from the field and 34% from 3.  A third of his shots were from 3.  Assist to TO is 2.8   

6 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Hoiberg will have to go to work:  Burke shoot 33%, Green 39% & if we get CAM - 34%.  It would be nice if at least 2 of these guys would shoot over 40% from the 3.

Hopefully Burke has been working for the last year and can be in that 40% range. 

Green might get there just by having a lower usage rate.  I'm sure he took virtually every late in the shot clock shot for the team this year.

7 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Amir Harris' jumpshot is painful and needs completely reworked. 

At least in warm ups his shot looked better at the end of the season.  The results seemed about the same (not good), but it actually looked like a jump shot.  It was more of a set shot really, but at least it didn't look like an Albatross landing.

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, ECisGod said:

I would rather see shooting stats - then 3 point highlights.  If a guy shoots 300 3's during his career I would hope he could make 10 or so to put on his tape.

• Mavric unpinned this topic