Sign in to follow this  
seaofred92

2019 Basketball Recruiting Notes

10 hours ago, ECisGod said:

The only "big" who has the Huskers high on his list is PF Yavuz Gultekin.  He's only 6'7" & 190 lbs. according to 24/7 sports.

I would guess whoever ends up here is either currently on a team or not on our list. I think it will be a while till we get another commit.

Hopefully we have success this year that can help us build for future.

22 hours ago, ECisGod said:

The only "big" who has the Huskers high on his list is PF Yavuz Gultekin.  He's only 6'7" & 190 lbs. according to 24/7 sports.

That’s my son's size and he’s already on campus. Could really use the scholarship. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/14/2018 at 10:47 PM, seaofred92 said:

so I assume we spend the remaining 2019 scholarships on Frontcourt players? We need another big body. Heiman has been a pleasant surprise this year so far

He really has but you're right. Unless we want him out there 40 minutes a night next year we'll need to find some viable options with all the size leaving after this year.

58 minutes ago, SUHperman said:

Well well well sounds like Tim may actually be recruiting a center. Armon Gates was in to see 6’10” Center David Skogman. 

He has offers from Texas Tech and Rutgers. Getting interest from Wisconsin, Boston College and K State. 

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2019/david-skogman-221685

Nice find. Now we just need to recruit someone who knows how to teach blocking out and we'll be all set. 

1 hour ago, SUHperman said:

Well well well sounds like Tim may actually be recruiting a center. Armon Gates was in to see 6’10” Center David Skogman. 

He has offers from Texas Tech and Rutgers. Getting interest from Wisconsin, Boston College and K State. 

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2019/david-skogman-221685

He may be a center & he may be 6' 10", but he's only 200 lbs.  Amir Harris was 205 before he got mono & Brady Heiman is listed at 215.

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Weight program!

Yes, they have a weight program.  But at 200 lbs, he won't be able to play in the post right away in the B1G.

39 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

Yes, they have a weight program.  But at 200 lbs, he won't be able to play in the post right away in the B1G.

Agreed, but hopefully we can get a grad transfer and he can redshirt a yr.  This is what Tim should have been doing from the beginning.  

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

David had a cardiac arrest on the court back in Dec. and almost died.  I could not read the entire article.

Holy s#!t that article was crazy. He went into cardiac arrest and his mom is a nurse who immediately began CPR. A coach got a defibrillator which started his heart and he woke up. If it weren’t for their quick actions who probably would have died. 

The quote in the article wasn’t very assuring. “He said that obviously something was wrong, but we don’t know what it was so they couldn’t tell me that I couldn’t play.”

25 minutes ago, SUHperman said:

Holy s#!t that article was crazy. He went into cardiac arrest and his mom is a nurse who immediately began CPR. A coach got a defibrillator which started his heart and he woke up. If it weren’t for their quick actions who probably would have died. 

The quote in the article wasn’t very assuring. “He said that obviously something was wrong, but we don’t know what it was so they couldn’t tell me that I couldn’t play.”

That's crazy.  20 yrs ago, we were playing in a HS alum game and classmate died of heart attack at the age 27.