Transfers from UCF (UCF Sucks- Who Can We Steal)?

On 10/29/2017 at 5:46 PM, Redux said:

PEOPLE!  FROST IS NOT GOING TO LEAVE UCF MID SEASON!  IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT JOBS OPEN UP RIGHT NOW.

I cant speak for everyone. He wont leave but it doesnt mean he cant agree to an offer with a delayed announcement. But my thought is that Florida has no coach thus they could throw out an offer under the table right now. So Hypothetical scenario. Lets say Nebraska is #1 option for frost and florida would be #2. Say next week Florida offers $5 million a year to frost with a 2 week expiration date on the offer. That would be pretty hard to turn down that money for your #2 option if you dont even know for sure if your #1 option will have a coaching vacancy or if you will get offered the job from nebraska. It would be pretty easy for Florida to do something like that without anyone knowing. They are both in florida so tracking travel etc would be pretty hard to follow if they met.

My only point being they have a leg up on trying to secure him before we even know if we will fire Riley. Assuming Frost is the best candidate and who we want- that would suck to lose out to Florida.

On 10/31/2017 at 9:53 AM, Huskers93-97 said:

I cant speak for everyone. He wont leave but it doesnt mean he cant agree to an offer with a delayed announcement. But my thought is that Florida has no coach thus they could throw out an offer under the table right now. So Hypothetical scenario. Lets say Nebraska is #1 option for frost and florida would be #2. Say next week Florida offers $5 million a year to frost with a 2 week expiration date on the offer. That would be pretty hard to turn down that money for your #2 option if you dont even know for sure if your #1 option will have a coaching vacancy or if you will get offered the job from nebraska. It would be pretty easy for Florida to do something like that without anyone knowing. They are both in florida so tracking travel etc would be pretty hard to follow if they met.

My only point being they have a leg up on trying to secure him before we even know if we will fire Riley. Assuming Frost is the best candidate and who we want- that would suck to lose out to Florida.

If Florida came at Frost with a $5million offer under the table that expires in 2 weeks he would tell them to get bent.  Not because he is waiting for a Nebraska offer, but because he is focused on his current job.  And Florida isn't stupid enough to put a deadline on an offer on a top target, that would be dumb.

My point is, if we are interested and Riley is all but fired, discussions have already happened between UNL and Frosts agent.  Florida being open means absolutely nothing.

Edited by Redux
  • Plus1 1

Goodness gracious zoogs, thank god you are not anywhere near our athletic dept with that defeatist attitude.  Good coaching makes a huge difference so no, it will not be as big of a rebuilding project as you think if we get the right coach.  3-4 years tops to win the west if not sooner.

Edited by Rike Miley
  • Plus1 3
  • 2 weeks later...

5 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I can only imagine the outright hatred for Mike Riley if he were to offer a QB with a rating of .8056.

You mean like Tanner Lee? A guy who could come in and operate his system right away like Vedral would be able to? 

Plus he is local to boot?

My bad, Lee was only a 79

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

So say Lee enters draft, Vedral and Wilson come.

POB - RS SOPH

GEBBIA - RS FROSH

VEDRAL- has to sit out a year but is a RS SOPH in 2019 Season

WILSON - RS SOPH eligible to play

Would be a talented group for Frosty the Coachman to work with.

I think POB is transferring and Gebbia will be on the fence