WR Zavier Betts

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

63 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Betts commit?

• Nebraska
    • Iowa
    • Missouri

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Seriousl.y? HS classes are not that hard to do well in.:facepalm:

It is hard to fail high school classes.  It is not hard to get D's.  As you know and remember and as I see every single day, minimal effort and not being an a$$h@!e will pretty much land you in the C and B range.

So if it is grades, more than likely he is not doing a thing AND a pain in the a$$ in class.  Which would surprise me a bit because I know his HC and it would shock me if he let him act that way.

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

It is hard to fail high school classes.  It is not hard to get D's.  As you know and remember and as I see every single day, minimal effort and not being an a$$h@!e will pretty much land you in the C and B range.

So if it is grades, more than likely he is not doing a thing AND a pain in the a$$ in class.  Which would surprise me a bit because I know his HC and it would shock me if he let him act that way.

Yeah, it's hard to imagine a kid with a lot to lose not putting in the effort, but man....It isn't that hard.

• 2 weeks later...

“Growing up I was big on trying to get out of the state, get away from the Huskers if I went D1,” Betts said. “I didn’t want to play for the Huskers because I knew how they had been.

“After coach (Scott) Frost got there I have been thinking more about possibly staying home and playing for them. Coach (Mike) Riley was a good coach, but after him and his staff left that kind of changed my perspective with Coach Frost coming back home to coach the Huskers.”

Rivals

• Plus1 2

48 minutes ago, jassman24 said:

Might be the only person I have heard of that actually call the Huskers “ the corn”. 

My roommate in Harper got married to a non-football savvy woman,  and they have twins.  To be supportive,  she tried to teach them how to cheer while Dad watches the Huskers as a surprise.  Nebraska scores,  he cheers,  and the kids yell, "Corn Pride!".  She made it up as she liked it better than GBR.

Our collective group of friends now yells, "Corn Pride!", often and laugh about it. 

15 hours ago, HS_Coach_C said:

Haha lighten up.

Husker for Cornhusker. Corn for Cornhusker. I have a buddy who calls them the Corn. So I started calling them that, too. It sounded different, and I happen to like it. HS_Coach_C, you could be one of the nicest people around as far as I know, and I’m not offended. Unless you are being humorist — which I will consider as a possibility — it just seemed like a silly reply. But, hey, I don’t know you, so I will keep that in mind and not draw any conclusions. Peace. Husker love. 

On 3/20/2019 at 5:24 PM, runningblind said:

My roommate in Harper got married to a non-football savvy woman,  and they have twins.  To be supportive,  she tried to teach them how to cheer while Dad watches the Huskers as a surprise.  Nebraska scores,  he cheers,  and the kids yell, "Corn Pride!".  She made it up as she liked it better than GBR.

Our collective group of friends now yells, "Corn Pride!", often and laugh about it. 

I may have to start saying that also, it is kind of catchy.

• Haha 1
  • Mavric changed the title to WR Zavier Betts