WR Zavier Betts

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

63 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Betts commit?

• Nebraska
    • Iowa
    • Missouri

This poll is closed to new votes

• 2 weeks later...

It's crazy that there is a 5 star WR prospect in-state. I know many media pundits have stated that they believe Watts is the best player in Nebraska, but I don't believe so. Betts does not have a QB worth a lick throwing to him. If he just had a decent to 1AA Qb caliber throwing to him, he would be a top 20 player in the country, highest to come out of the state, and highest Nebraska has ever signed in the modern era. 

Don't mind me, just making Kool-Aid statements today. :koolaid2:

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1
11 hours ago, Vince R. said:

It's crazy that there is a 5 star WR prospect in-state. I know many media pundits have stated that they believe Watts is the best player in Nebraska, but I don't believe so. Betts does not have a QB worth a lick throwing to him. If he just had a decent to 1AA Qb caliber throwing to him, he would be a top 20 player in the country, highest to come out of the state, and highest Nebraska has ever signed in the modern era. 

Don't mind me, just making Kool-Aid statements today. :koolaid2:

I've been trying not to (possibly) overreact and ask if he's the most talented in-state skill player ever..... glad you finally did it for me! 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

I've been trying not to (possibly) overreact and ask if he's the most talented in-state skill player ever..... glad you finally did it for me! 

He could end up being that if we are talking skill positions. Ahman Green and Niles Paul were also very damn good HS players

• Plus1 1

My least favorite thing about following recruiting is airing out a kid's academic situation.  I guess it comes with the territory but it's disturbing to me to see strangers discussing the grades of a high school student just to make sure he can qualify to play football.  No one really knows the situation and the ones who do shouldn't be sharing it anyway.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, STL Husker said:

My least favorite thing about following recruiting is airing out a kid's academic situation.  I guess it comes with the territory but it's disturbing to me to see strangers discussing the grades of a high school student just to make sure he can qualify to play football.  No one really knows the situation and the ones who do shouldn't be sharing it anyway.

I don’t think it’s disturbing. The strangers are the ones that allow students to get a free education through their support and in turn, allow some student athletes to make it to the NFL. People aren’t dissecting his individual grades, just looking at broader scope. 

If it’s purely just grades (not testing), I would hope a high school student could get it figured out in two years. Kid is a baller though. 

• Mavric changed the title to WR Zavier Betts