Mavric

WR Zavier Betts

HuskerBoard Predictor  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

Just curious - but what info do you have that we are too far behind? Riley's staff made Betts a priority and so has Frost. I haven't seen any information to indicate he has a favorite/leaders that doesn't include DONU. Perhaps there was something I missed tho. 

Gut feeling, to be honest.  I know he’s a priority, but never heard any indication from 247 or Rivals that he’s actually really interested and that makes me nervous.

1 hour ago, ADS said:

Call me crazy, but this one makes

me nervous.  Get the feeling he’ll have every major program come calling, and we’re too far behind at the moment to win him over.

You're crazy

• Plus1 4

2 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

There is 1 crystal ball and its for Nebraska.

Well that settles it!

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, ADS said:

Well that settles it!

Its a lot better evidence he is interested in Nebraska than your pulled out of thin air gut reaction.

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Its a lot better evidence he is interested in Nebraska than your pulled out of thin air gut reaction.

No it doesn’t.  One CB from 4 months ago doesn’t mean a thing.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, ADS said:

me nervous.  Get the feeling he’ll have every major program come calling, and we’re too far behind at the moment to win him over.

LMFAO WTF?!?!?

11 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

54e274d624fe65ed2dffbae22a9a0717.gif

It’s not though.  One CB, from April, on a whim, does not prove anything.  Until something conrete comes out it’s okay to be skeptical.

1 hour ago, ADS said:

It’s not though.  One CB, from April, on a whim, does not prove anything.  Until something conrete comes out it’s okay to be skeptical.

I never said the CB means he is committing. But it was from a reporter who did a post visit interview or something like that and he was feeling pretty positive about the things Betts said he put in a CB. That means more than someone sitting in their basement having a gut feeling.

4 hours ago, ADS said:

Don't blame ya for being nervous, I have no legit reason for being as confident as I am. However, I do think we are the leader by some margin right now. He's visited multiple times since Jan and plans to again soon. I agree the major programs will be coming, it'll be our job to stay out in front. 

• Plus1 1

16 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I never said the CB means he is committing. But it was from a reporter who did a post visit interview or something like that and he was feeling pretty positive about the things Betts said he put in a CB. That means more than someone sitting in their basement having a gut feeling.

image.png.2957ddfed3e8b80cc2c0ca9c508dbfaf.png

A guy in his basement with a gut feeling is probably right more times than Sam McKewon.

• Plus1 3

18 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

image.png.2957ddfed3e8b80cc2c0ca9c508dbfaf.png

A guy in his basement with a gut feeling is probably right more times than Sam McKewon.

Probably because Sam is one of those guys who likes to throw out a bunch of things so he can brag about the ones he got right and forget about the ones he got wrong.

But I digress.

• Plus1 4

Guys, listen, if he does commit and I’m proven to be a dumbass I’ll eat a literal ton of crow and enjoy it.

• Plus1 1

35 minutes ago, ADS said:

Guys, listen, if he does commit and I’m proven to be a dumbass I’ll eat a literal ton of crow and enjoy it.

Maybe this is why you get gut feelings.....

• Plus1 1

18 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

Maybe this is why you get gut feelings.....

Oh god no

4 hours ago, ADS said:

Matty, don’t even start.  You’re the last person who should be calling anyone out about gut feelings in the recruiting forum.

Oh give me a break. This is a pointless and information-less gut feeling. You haven’t seen crap anywhere and have no  info.

Youre saying this because it’s a helluva lot easier to predict a player to go to 115/116 universities than it is to say 1/116 (Nebraska).

Just don’t get this pointless “prediction” and want to make sure no one is buying into this crock of crap. Come on.

3 hours ago, ADS said:

So you need something concrete to believe he is N, but need absolutely no information about him being interested in someone else to believe he isn’t N? Gosh, I wonder what your dating life is like. Yikes.

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Probably because Sam is one of those guys who likes to throw out a bunch of things so he can brag about the ones he got right and forget about the ones he got wrong.

But I digress.

It feels like Sam's act has worn thin throughout the fan base.... Am I reading that wrong? Don't get me wrong, he's a talented writer, but I find myself rolling my eyes more often than not when he goes into "I'm an expert" mode.

34 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

So you need something concrete to believe he isn't N, but need absolutely no information about him being interested in us to believe that he's N? 

FIFY. Now bookmark it, and read it back to yourself when you get overly optimistic about 2020 prospects in February. 

59 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Oh give me a break. This is a pointless and information-less gut feeling. You haven’t seen crap anywhere and have no  info.

Youre saying this because it’s a helluva lot easier to predict a player to go to 115/116 universities than it is to say 1/116 (Nebraska).

Just don’t get this pointless “prediction” and want to make sure no one is buying into this crock of crap. Come on.

Having no info is the point of a gut feeling, you simpleton.  As I stated in a post it’s all about not hearing anything concrete, also known as not having any info, thus a gut feeling.

Hope this helps you out, buddy.  And if you don’t want to read my “pointless predictions” (which is laughable coming from you) than put me on ignore.

• Plus1 3

38 minutes ago, ADS said:

Having no info is the point of a gut feeling, you simpleton.  As I stated in a post it’s all about not hearing anything concrete, also known as not having any info, thus a gut feeling.

Hope this helps you out, buddy.  And if you don’t want to read my “pointless predictions” (which is laughable coming from you) than put me on ignore.

Ohh Mr. Put me on ignore!

My point is you’re trying to make fans uneasy based on your “gut” feeling which is ridiculous in the least.

40 minutes ago, ADS said:

PS where does your gut have him going? I’m gonna bet some money on this while your gut is on a heater.

so this kid is 2020? and we are having a fit because one poster shared his gut feeling and it wasnt overly positive with us? in a month ads' gut feeling may be that betts is going to commit due to new information ads has seen or heard. i mean ffs the kid is only a junior this year. lots of time before he has to make a decision.

now back to betts.

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

My gut just says I worked through lunch.  This kid will be ours.

Stuffed peppers for me.  Thinking about this for dinner.

Image result for cheese fries

35 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Stuffed peppers for me.  Thinking about this for dinner.

Image result for cheese fries

Sigh....I miss fries...keto is no fun.

• Plus1 1

19 hours ago, ScottyIce said:

Anyone got a gut feeling on if he really is that good or not?

I would tend to say yes. I think it is harder for Nebraska kids to get rated that high because they are fighting stereotypes that Nebraska ball is not good. So people doubt their abilities based on competition. So I think if a Nebraska kid is rated that high they really studied him.

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I would tend to say yes. I think it is harder for Nebraska kids to get rated that high because they are fighting stereotypes that Nebraska ball is not good. So people doubt their abilities based on competition. So I think if a Nebraska kid is rated that high they really studied him.

I dont think it is a stereotype.  It is the fact that he probably will not face a D1 cornerback all year, so it is really hard to evaluate a guy at his position playing against that competition.  That is why camps are so important for these guys to show out well at camps if they want to keep a high rating.  

13 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I see they won 81-6. What kind of stats did Betts have 

Damn, 81 is some high scoring  Do we not really gave good comp in NE?  Does that kind of high scoring happen in the bigger TX, CA, FL schools or is this uncommon?