"Write About That S#!t!"

Mavric

"Write about that sh--!!" a Nebraska recruiting assistant shouted while glaring my way as he ran toward the locker room.

Yes, there was a "take this and shove it" feel attached to the win. The negativity directed toward the Nebraska program has become pervasive. Folks openly speculate about who might replace Riley.

You hear it from in-state media. You hear it from national media. It's only natural. Those back-to-back home losses to Wisconsin (38-17) and Ohio State (56-14) were the final straw for many fans.

But these dogs in scarlet and cream still have some bite. Some fire. I saw it in the eyes of that recruiting assistant.

I also heard it in the voice of Riley as he entered the locker room and addressed his team after NU improved to 4-4 overall and 3-2 in the Big Ten.

"How about those Huskers!?" he exclaimed.

LJS

How about them Huskers....beat down by teams with a pulse.  44 total rushing yards against the 69th best rushing D, took the final 72 seconds to win (on an impressive drive) against a prevent D, inability to develop depth or the talent on hand and only took game 8 to realize that the TE is in fact an eligible receiver.....

And the above referenced staff member "write about that sh!t" as if beating a bottom feeder of a team (which we almost lost to twice in 3 tries) is news worthy.  It's what the great teams do.  They beat lesser teams down.  We don't.  We barely won.  Glad to see that the Oregon State mentality has firmly entrenched itself into the psyche of the staff, recruiters and unfortunately the team....

• Plus1 7

I've read the OP and then I read the article to try to get the context of the quote from the recruiting assistant "Write about that sh-!!".  Without hearing the spoken words I have no idea if he means 'Write about our crappy play' against a very bad Purdue team that had this board completely demoralized during the game?  Or is he delusional and crowing about pulling out a last second win over a bad Purdue team.  His choice of the word shi!! is almost freudian. 

This reminds me of the Barney Cotton 9 wins quote.  These heat of the moment expressions reveal a lot about the coaching staff's mindset.  In the Barney case it became obvious the goal was to win 9 games and getting blown off the field by OSU, Wisconsin didn't matter. 

4 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

This reminds me of the Barney Cotton 9 wins quote.  These heat of the moment expressions reveal a lot about the coaching staff's mindset.  In the Barney case it became obvious the goal was to win 9 games and getting blown off the field by OSU, Wisconsin didn't matter. 

I don't think this is true about the mindset of that coaching staff.  I don't believe for a minute that a Pelini led staff was ok with losing any game.

It's why I think Pelini got in the grill of players at times.......like Martinez and Davie.

• Plus1 2
14 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

I've read the OP and then I read the article to try to get the context of the quote from the recruiting assistant "Write about that sh-!!".  Without hearing the spoken words I have no idea if he means 'Write about our crappy play' against a very bad Purdue team that had this board completely demoralized during the game?  Or is he delusional and crowing about pulling out a last second win over a bad Purdue team.  His choice of the word shi!! is almost freudian. 

I'd venture to guess he is looking at this particular columnist and saying what he said in reference to his column last week.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/sipple/steven-m-sipple-frost-s-rise-brings-clarity-to-at/article_c2812fb0-db80-572c-bf03-8ce791d62dc8.html

or this one

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/sipple/steven-m-sipple-another-loss-to-purdue-would-be-impossible/article_c8f6cd24-1477-56a9-a6cf-53a29801c1f0.html

Edited by Dan_F_31
  • Plus1 3