Two games to go bowling

On 10/29/2017 at 7:04 PM, ColoradoHusk said:

If Frost or whomever is the next coach is getting their doors blown off (even if they are top 5 teams) 3 times in one season, I will be critical of that coach. Yes, there may be the random game where a blowout happens, but not 3 times in one season, combined with a loss to a MAC team and another loss where the team trailed by 28 points at half (this is assuming best case scenario). 

If you’re ignoring the second half of the Oregon game, why are you not ignoring the second half of the Wisconsin game?

Games are what matter in the scheme of things, not halves.

If we make a bowl fine. If we don't fine. Right now, like Riley's first year, I'm just hoping for the season to end. His up and down season's are the same thing he did at Ore St. He is who he is, a 500 coach. Bo's time was up here but we at least got the 9 wins with the blow outs and div crowns. Now we get the blow outs with 5 or ? wins. Never thought I would see the program fall this low after Bob D took over.

GBR!!!

1 hour ago, HuskerMav11 said:

Listen, I hope the Huskers win out. I really do. At the very least, I hope they make a bowl. Actually, at the very least, I hope they win at least one, because if they lose out, it will be the worst the program has seen since 1961.

Statistics are interesting. I'm not saying that ESPN, or whoever they pay to come up with this s#!t, has figured it out. In fact, the only way to prove that is in hindsight.

But this "We could find something that works and run with it" is akin to the same bulls#!t that Mike Riley is going to suddenly figure out how to start winning championships.

Mike Riley is a CEO, the type you want to work for, but not the type that makes your company elite. He stands behind his guys, no matter how bad they are, no matter how obvious it is to everyone else that they are under performing. And the only time that changes is when his ass in on the line.

But then when he has to go out and pick new ones, he can't handle that either. I'm sorry, but Bob Diaco is nothing but a dreamer but instead of being full of hope, he's only full of s#!t.

If Mike Riley is a CEO...the company he is CEO of is Radio Shack

We could beat NW, not expecting it though.  They are fired up after that MSU win, where we had to hold on for dear life and come back to beat Purdue.  Minny is not as good as billed, that's a win.  PSU is an absolute shellacking loss.  Iowa will probably be Riley's last game as a head coach ever, he will relate that to the team and they will pour their hearts into the game.  Toss up if they get the W.

So 5-7 or 6-6.  If it's 5-7 and Riley is canned, we get no bowl invite regardless of loophole.  If it's 6-6 and Riley is fired, Diaco coaches bowl game.

Just now, Redux said:

We could beat NW, not expecting it though.  They are fired up after that MSU win, where we had to hold on for dear life and come back to beat Purdue.  Minny is not as good as billed, that's a win.  PSU is an absolute shellacking loss.  Iowa will probably be Riley's last game as a head coach ever, he will relate that to the team and they will pour their hearts into the game.  Toss up if they get the W.

So 5-7 or 6-6.  If it's 5-7 and Riley is canned, we get no bowl invite regardless of loophole.  If it's 6-6 and Riley is fired, Diaco coaches bowl game.

If he is canned and they get a bowl game they should just let a fan coach the game.

33 minutes ago, teachercd said:

If he is canned and they get a bowl game they should just let a fan coach the game.

You could draw plays out of a hat and maybe do better than Langs. Some of Purdue's defensive calls were comically bad given down and distance until you asked yourself what would Langs call there. They guessed correct a surprising amount of the time.