Assuming HCMR is fired, I hate seeing Nebraska, and him do poorly, and I hate that we have all given him the death sentence, though it is certainly warranted, I would love to see Matt Campbell as our next HC.  Now, I will say, I DON"T know much about him, as most people probably don't.  All I know really is that he is having a good year at ISU, and I listened to his speech after the (I think) TCU game.  I got pumped.  Young guy.  Looks like he may have the "niceness" of Riley with a healthy dab of fire.

I'd be OK with the hire.  I will also go ahead and give Moos support.  If finding a great football coach was easy, AD's and coaches wouldn't be paid big money.

For the record my number 1 choice would be Frost for legit, and fan boy reasons.

I will also still support Riley until he is no longer our head coach.

• Plus1 1
On 10/31/2017 at 1:34 PM, BIGREDIOWAN said:

You have to understand something. We've had so many folks come on here and claim X, Y, and Z over the years we have a little PTSD from it and trust no one. With you being newer we really aren't going to trust you. Now, if what you say comes true you'll gain a ton of "street cred" around here and folks will listen to what you have to say. I would not be upset with a Matt Campbell higher, I'd be shocked, but I would welcome him with open arms at this point. I'd be shocked because of that buyout, plus I think ISU would pay to keep him there. 

Exactly. And the OP didn't even tell us how long he's been installing saltwater aquariums, so how could we possibly trust him?

• Plus1 2

On 10/31/2017 at 1:34 PM, BIGREDIOWAN said:

You have to understand something. We've had so many folks come on here and claim X, Y, and Z over the years we have a little PTSD from it and trust no one. With you being newer we really aren't going to trust you. Now, if what you say comes true you'll gain a ton of "street cred" around here and folks will listen to what you have to say. I would not be upset with a Matt Campbell higher, I'd be shocked, but I would welcome him with open arms at this point. I'd be shocked because of that buyout, plus I think ISU would pay to keep him there. 

And if you're wrong you (the OP) can just create another user account and try again when we replace Tim Miles....

Edited by B.B. Hemingway

I have a buddy who played for Campbell at Toledo. He said Campbell was a total weirdo. Like Campbell would text or call his players at 5 am to make sure they were gong to work out. I guess a total control freak.  But I think that sounds better than a coach who lets his players do whatever the hell they want cough cough Riley

1 hour ago, timmytbro said:

I have a buddy who played for Campbell at Toledo. He said Campbell was a total weirdo. Like Campbell would text or call his players at 5 am to make sure they were gong to work out. I guess a total control freak.  But I think that sounds better than a coach who lets his players do whatever the hell they want cough cough Riley

I’m praying my friend is wrong and we get Frost.

2 hours ago, timmytbro said:

So he holds his players accountable? Perfect. Something Nebraska has been lacking for years. 

• Plus1 2

I eventually see Matt as the head coach at Michigan, Ohio State or Penn State. Especially if he continues to have success in his career. 

Wins over Oklahoma and TCU have my attention. I want to see him continue to win throughout November and not crash and burn as the season comes to an end (losing games). If this guy is legit, he will continue to win games this month.