CB Brendan Radley-Hiles [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

83 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Radley-Hiles commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/08/2018 at 02:55 AM

Don't feed the guy who just likes to complain.

He covered 6'1-6'4 five star WRs all weekend long at the Opening and every scout who saw him WHILE COVERING THOSE TALLER, NFL TALENT WRS, was blown away. So much so, some said he should be the #1 recruit in 2018.

Point taken. I respect your opinion and your right to have it; everyone else here clearly disagrees with you. And I'm sure Adorree Jackson, Brian Hightower, Jalen Hall, and Josh Moore disagree with you too. Stop feeding this guy, end discussion.

• Fire 3

While I agree with you atbone, let's not get carried away with Huffmans comments on Bookie. He said, Bookie may be the best pure football player in the country regardless of position or upside. I don't think that translates to "I think he should be the #1 recruit in the nation"

He's short. There it's been said. Now we cam move on and hope he gets some more peer recruiting in and gets others excited to play along side him at DONU. His height would be concerning if he wasn't as fast or explosive as he is.looks to have a great vert which more thank makes up for a few inches of height. Also big receivers don't always have success against smaller dbs. Purdue used to have a 6'8 or 6'9 receiver about a decade ago and he got ate up by small corners quite often. Kid is being raved about lately and his height appears to be a non issue to most everyone

Bob Sanders, Antoine Winfield, Mark McMillian, Tyrann Mathieu. All 5'9 or under.

It takes a mentality and special skill-set. But I think Bookie is up for the task.

BlitzFirst, if his size is really a big problem covering large recievers on the outside, we can move him around to the slot. He is extremely physical and has a super competitive mentality. We will find a place for him on defense and if he doesn't succeed here it won't be just because he was somewhat short.

Still can't believe he is only 5'8" tall. He plays much taller.

However, not sure I'd be happy with him covering a 6'6" BYU receiver. Sure, I know he covered a 6'6" tight end in 1 on 1 at the opening...but that's a tight end, not a wideout. Pretty floored that no one is talking about his height.

Weak argument. Sure, I think Kawhi Leonard can guard a bigger Lebron James, but I don't know if I want him guarding Yao F'ing Ming. Come on

Weak argument

Basketball != football

Being serious. Does Bookie's size get a pass just because of his peer recruiting and awesome attitude?

Go to page 11, Post 501 and watch his tape. Worst (best) case scenario, he plays safety.

I've seen it.

College is better competition than high school. Sure, he looks good in 7 on 7...it's not the same.

Sure, he looks good having to cover some good receivers sometimes...that's not seeing a good to great receiver every single down in college ball.

What I'm saying is...he's obviously talented. He's obviously undersized. College talent is going to be a lot better than high school.

Why aren't we talking about his size being an issue?

And don't give me "it won't be"...high school film is all fine and dandy...but as we know, it does't always translate to college (in this case, It might because he really is athletic). Conversations about him being undersized (I didn't know until The Opening he was under 5'10" tall) should be happening right now and they're not. I want to know why....'because of his film' isn't a valid in my opinion.

In other words, is anyone at all...be honest...worried about him going up vs a 6'4" receiver who can run? I am.

You should probably check his film and level of competition again. He dominated FNL last year and again this year. He dominated the Opening. He has played against great competition and will continue to do so at IMG. Everything on him confirms he plays with great instinct and technique - that alleviates a lot of concern relating to his size. If his film won't alleviate your concerns then nothing will, so any conversation with you is probably for not....

Please read all of my comment before replying?

I did. Perhaps you should re-read mine. He has film and has been evaluated against elite receivers at numerous events (many of which are 6'4). Instincts and technique make up for his height. Like I said, any conversation with you will be meaningless.

I did...you mention FNL and The Opening...I specifically said I don't count those camps, since they're not the same as college competition, when I'm worrying about his height. So, are you sure you read my comments? Film is great. I can show you a running back from Texas who dominated High School and looked like the next Heisman candidate...yet, he hasn't played a down at Nebraska. Just saying, HS Film is HS Film.

Conversation with me will only be meaningless if you think a concern about his height isn't valid "because you said so". Otherwise, it'll be civil and a valid.

Your logic is flawed. How did that running back (I assume you are talking about Adam Taylor) do at camps where he was going against other high 4 stars and 5 stars? Bookie has gone against the best in the nation and been evaluated against the best in the nation. You continue to miss why people are not concerned: 1) instincts and technique 2) film and evaluations against elite prospects who will be playing major college football (not just high school game film)

Bookie is a better prospect than Taylor, and I think the implication that film is irrelevant is wrong. How else does an evaluator judge a HS player? The players that perform well on film and at camps tend to do that in college as well.

Regarding the height thing, sure in a perfect world he'd be 2 inches taller. A minor concern at best. An elite corner doesn't need to be that tall.

Tyrann Mathieu, Bob Sanders, and Earl Thomas play just fine around or under 5'10. Height really doesn't determine whether or not you can cover man or zone coverage. It's the intangibles (ie speed, jumping, quickness) that make up for the height difference.

All of which Bookie has shown and he proves people wrong wherever he goes who are locked into a doxy of what the perfect football player should look like. The guy is a baller.

Isn't that a move down..?

Edit : their site is all out of whack, I'm showing 101 and 69 compositie still. It shows Josh Moore is ranked higher than bookie now.

Their page hasn't been updated, I just saw a released article on top 247. I'll update moves for our other targets and commits.
  • Mavric changed the title to CB Brendan Radley-Hiles [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric unpinned this topic