CB Brendan Radley-Hiles [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

83 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Radley-Hiles commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/08/2018 at 02:55 AM

3 minutes ago, timmytbro said:

I want to take the time to thank Coach Riley and Shawn Eichorst. Thank you for hiring Danny Langsdorf, Coach Cav, Bruce Read, and Mark Banker. Thank you for getting pummeled by Ohio State for two years in a row without showing any signs of competitiveness, losing to NIU, and beating Purde by 1 point. Thank you for the lack of a rushing attack.  Thank you for all your dumb crap moves and going .500 and expecting elite talent to commit or stay committed. 

Remember fans it is all our fault we did not support this joke coaching staff. Shoot now calibraska will perish. whatever will we do without KJJ smoking dope. I am so over this damn staff....

Well said. To add to that I can't stomach watching the staff being so excited about barely beating a team the caliber of Purdue anymore. 

7 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Well said. To add to that I can't stomach watching the staff being so excited about barely beating a team the caliber of Purdue anymore. 

Yea, it is called being content with being a shi* staff who produces shi* results.  F Eichorst, I honestly don;t know how he will ever get another AD job after this shi* show he managed to brew. 

1 minute ago, huskerfan69 said:

if bookie liked riley so much, wouldn't you wait until he's officially fired before decommitting?

seems like he was going to decommitt whether riley is here or not.

our 2018 class rank is about to drop to 65. kansas is #64...

Riley needs to go. I am not messing around, if he is back next year I am out.

11 minutes ago, huskerfan69 said:

if bookie liked riley so much, wouldn't you wait until he's officially fired before decommitting?

seems like he was going to decommitt whether riley is here or not.

our 2018 class rank is about to drop to 65. kansas is #64...

Pretty sure Bookie cooled on us a couple months ago.  Not really sure why.  

So yes, I think he was gone either way.  Us putting a poor product on the field - and the likely exit of Riley - made it an easy decision.

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, BigWillie said:

Bookie didn't decommit because of W-L's, or the product on the field. Bookie brought his whole family with him to the Wisconsin game. You think that is a kid who was worried?

Bookie committed to Nebraska in large part because he completely bought into the future of Mike Riley and Donte Williams. He knew where things were, but to him he thought things would change. But even as a 17 year old, he could actually see the big picture. Success isn't made overnight. And to change a culture, and a program, doesn't happen overnight.

Point blank -- if Riley and Donte were gonna be here, Bookie was gonna be here.

But now we have an administration who had a knee jerk reaction to the NIU loss. From that point on, the negative recruiting has been relentless. The coaches? Nothing they can do answers the recruits questions.

I mean, how do you explain to kids that we have a fan base that was more supportive of a guy who told them to "EFF OFF" than a guy in Riley who is universally loved and respected by players and recruits?

The next coach? Good luck salvaging a class in about 3 months that very likely will end up with about 4-5 solid commits once everyone else opens things up. That should surely help with the depth concerns. Should be fun few years for him until the knee jerk reactions happen, again.

giphy.gif

• Plus1 6

4 minutes ago, BigWillie said:

Bookie didn't decommit because of W-L's, or the product on the field. Bookie brought his whole family with him to the Wisconsin game. You think that is a kid who was worried?

Bookie committed to Nebraska in large part because he completely bought into the future of Mike Riley and Donte Williams. He knew where things were, but to him he thought things would change. But even as a 17 year old, he could actually see the big picture. Success isn't made overnight. And to change a culture, and a program, doesn't happen overnight.

But now we have an administration who had a knee jerk reaction to the NIU loss. From that point on, the negative recruiting has been relentless. The coaches? Nothing they can do answers the recruits questions.

I mean, how do you explain to kids that we have a fan base that was more supportive of a guy who told them to "EFF OFF" than a guy in Riley who is universally loved and respected by players and recruits?

The next coach? Good luck salvaging a class in about 3 months that very likely will end up with about 4-5 solid commits once everyone else opens things up. That should surely help with the depth concerns. Should be fun few years for him until the knee jerk reactions happen, again.

Well said. It’s a losing game at this point.

6 minutes ago, BigWillie said:

Geeez man please  just read your post out loud to yourself. A knee jerk reaction? Have you been watching this season at all? we rushed for under a 100 yards against Purdue, 8 yards in the first half. We got taken out to the woodshed by Ohio State, twice in two years. We lost to mighty NIU at home, we had Oregon put over 700 yards on us. We had an AD hire a career .500 coach, who in year 3 still hasn't figured it out. Nebraska deserves better than this clown. A recruit is a recruit, a dime a dozen but a coach who can get the best out of his players is special. Look at Matt Cambell and Scott Frost. Mike Riley has never accomplished what these young coaches have done and he has been doing this for over 40 years.

Edited by timmytbro
  • Plus1 3
  • Mavric changed the title to CB Brendan Radley-Hiles [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]