CB Brendan Radley-Hiles [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

83 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Radley-Hiles commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/08/2018 at 02:55 AM

Something to keep in mind here is that Bookie hasn't committed to someone else.  I actually thought he would have been a Sooner by now.

He started cooling on Nebraska over the summer and when he saw how the season was going and, like everyone, knew the staff would be fired, he de-committed.  That is totally a logical thing to do.

However, it's very possible that he's been sitting back watching to see who the new staff will be because he's still interested in coming here.  If we would have gone out and laid another big turd with this hire, he would have gone to Clemson or OU...etc.

Now, he's back to being interested.  

Hopefully Frost gets in touch with him ASAP to see how far this can go.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Not saying bookie isn't good but I don't think he fits the mold of DBs Frost is looking for.  Seems they are offering guys with a little more length.  I could be wrong tho 

He may not fit the mold but there is no way he is not a take if he wants N

15 hours ago, PaulCrewe said:

Need to get those follower numbers back up

2 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I'd say he's just looking for a little attention. These kids are all about that Twitter love.

14 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I honestly think he is just stirring the pot at this point. Hope I am wrong 

+1s all around here.

44 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Not saying bookie isn't good but I don't think he fits the mold of DBs Frost is looking for.  Seems they are offering guys with a little more length.  I could be wrong tho 

You don't turn this guy away. Not a program in the country that would. What he may lack in length, he more than makes up for with athleticism. Having said that, and like I said earlier, he's just looking for attention. The Riley firing was a convenient reason to decommit, I think he was heading elsewhere anyways.

• Plus1 1

Just so people understand, I'll spell it out for you. 

When referencing the fact that he has to consider his financial future during his decommitment, he did so because he watched Eric Lee and Lamar Jackson get picked on and burned repeatedly. Both those players had similar high rankings, and they've struggled. Bookie didn't want to suffer the same fate. 

He tweeted about Frost coming back because he genuinely enjoys Nebraska and hopes for the best here. 

That's it. Bridges weren't burned, he's not being "paid" by another school, and he's probably not intentionally trying to get a rise out of the fan base.

• Plus1 2

Id just add that if you are familiar with a coach and want to congratulate them on their new job you’d reach out in a personal way .... not on Twitter.  All these kids being recruited hit these guys up on text etc all the time.  Im sure this was well intentioned, but he did it publicly for a reason.  

52 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Id just add that if you are familiar with a coach and want to congratulate them on their new job you’d reach out in a personal way .... not on Twitter.  All these kids being recruited hit these guys up on text etc all the time.  Im sure this was well intentioned, but he did it publicly for a reason.  

Kids now a days prefer to do it on twitter so everyone knows how they feel. A lot of kids now a days would rather do it this way then call or text. Thats just kids now a days. I doubt he really gives two craps what us message board warriors think about it. 

• Plus1 2

Been torn on what to make of Bookie's comments. My take? 

"What's up coach?' - Being a former athlete, you don't refer to just anyone as "coach." That informal language is generally reserved for the person you consider your personal coach.

"Welcome home." - You don't welcome someone to a place you aren't already at. "Congrats on going home," or some other vernacular on par with that would be the language used to congratulate someone on going someplace you aren't. 

My take- for Bookie, Nebraska feels like home, he's bought in to Frost being his coach, and he's just waiting for confirmation to make it official again.  

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Been torn on what to make of Bookie's comments. My take? 

"What's up coach?' - Being a former athlete, you don't refer to just anyone as "coach." That informal language is generally reserved for the person you consider your personal coach.

"Welcome home." - You don't welcome someone to a place you aren't already at. "Congrats on going home," or some other vernacular on par with that would be the language used to congratulate someone on going someplace you aren't. 

My take- for Bookie, Nebraska feels like home, he's bought in to Frost being his coach, and he's just waiting for confirmation to make it official again.  

this is a hell of a jump to make from a single tweet 

• Plus1 6
  • Mavric changed the title to CB Brendan Radley-Hiles [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]