CB Brendan Radley-Hiles [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

83 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Radley-Hiles commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/08/2018 at 02:55 AM

2 hours ago, ScottyIce said:

Is getting rave reviews for his work this Spring.

He is going to make us really sad for 3 years watching him play elsewhere.

Not as sad as the 3 years we were forced to watch Riley lead our program.  Players come and go but coaches can  take the program to where it needs to  be.  

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

Not as sad as the 3 years we were forced to watch Riley lead our program.  Players come and go but coaches can  take the program to where it needs to  be.  

Yeah you’re right, but think of some big time players that have rolled through here and pretend they went elsewhere. Sucks missing out on players that can create some great memories with an N on their helmet. Oh well, Frost will find guys too.

• 4 months later...

11 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

Anybody able to read the article? The page won’t load for me

That link doesn't work for me either.  But this one does.

Radley-Hiles silently committed to Oklahoma that day, Oct. 28, 2017. He decommitted from Nebraska three days later on Halloween.

He was upfront with the Nebraska coaching staff, and they were with him, as well. Brenda recalls then-head coach Mike Riley telling Radley-Hiles after his decommitment, “If you were my son, I’d tell you to go to Oklahoma.’”

“We weren’t really interested — we were just paying (Pledger’s) debt,” Brenda said about visiting Oklahoma. “But when we got there, we were pleasantly surprised that it was everything we wanted in a school.

“I personally fell in love with Lincoln Riley and how personable he was. He was young enough to relate to the players, but was also taught by Bob Stoops. He was the best of both worlds.”

13 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Nothing wrong with that quote at all imo. Riley had to have known he was toast at that point, and was giving the kid solid objective advice.

Yep.  By the end of October, BRH had been drifting away for over two month.  My guess is the preceeding conversation went something like "Coach, I'm just not sure Nebraska is where I want to be anymore.  I think I'd rather go to Oklahoma."  And you'd want the kid to go where he thinks is best for him.

There's nothing wrong with what Riley said if it was in October. In fact I can see Frost doing the same depending on the circumstances (although I don't think the circumstances will ever be the same for Frost as they were for Riley last season). Frost had a coach who told him to stay at Stanford to make sure leaving was the right decision.

That said, I hope we kick the s#!t out of Bookie and Oklahoma both times we play them.