Rodgers says keep Riley

Hilltop

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Did you miss the FROST MEGATHREAD, too?

Pretty sure him posting on why the Jet saying to keep Riley is opening up conversation on why to keep Riley.. Not posting why to get Frost.. Now if is there is a KEEP MR MEGATHREAD that I'm missing I think he's good to go!

I do agree with JR on keeping Riley. With the schedule and recruiting class we still kind of have it could benefit us in having a wait and see approach. it's not like keeping MR one more year will set us back to the stone-age... right?! 

• Plus1 1

So he acknowledges that Frost is doing well yet seems to ignore the futility playing out on the field while Riley has been coach. If you have a chance to get a better coach, suffer with a bad coach because he's maybe building something and it might happen before retirement. Makes sense.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

Pretty sure him posting on why the Jet saying to keep Riley is opening up conversation on why to keep Riley.. Not posting why to get Frost.. Now if is there is a KEEP MR MEGATHREAD that I'm missing I think he's good to go!

I do agree with JR on keeping Riley. With the schedule and recruiting class we still kind of have it could benefit us in having a wait and see approach. it's not like keeping MR one more year will set us back to the stone-age... right?! 

Right. We might have 4-5 recruits that stick with us if Riley is kept. We can build off of that..right?

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Rike Miley said:

Im actually really wondering what goes through your mind when watching this team play? It took me 7 years to fall off the Pelini bandwagon, so Im usually one for giving coaches time, but anyone with a pair of eyes can see that this is NOT good football. And when you break down film its even worse. 

Post of the year!!!

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Post of the year!!!

It just boggles my mind that anyone could possibly want to keep Riley as our coach any longer after seeing the last three years. Like do you even care about the Nebraska football program at all or do you just hate change in general? Its crazy. And I like Riley. I think hes a good guy and i wanted him to succeed. He didnt. Its over. Start hoping for the best for Nebraska at this point. 

• Plus1 5

Just now, Rike Miley said:

It just boggles my mind that anyone could possibly want to keep Riley as our coach any longer after seeing the last three years. Like do you even care about the Nebraska football program at all or do you just hate change in general? Its crazy. And I like Riley. I think hes a good guy and i wanted him to succeed. He didnt. Its over. Start hoping for the best for Nebraska at this point. 

But, he's nice!!!!!

7 minutes ago, HuskerMav11 said:

Iowa state lost a few recruits when Paul Rhoads got fired.

Maybe it's more important to get a good coach than it is to save a few recruits. Just a thought.

What recruits? UCF has a better class than us at this point. 

If that was the only reason holding us back, then we can now lay that notion to bed that we have a great recruiting class that we cant lose. 

Edited by Rike Miley
  • Plus1 3