Moos begins evaluation of Husker program

BIG ERN

https://nebraska.247sports.com/Article/Nebraska-athletic-director-Bill-Moos-details-his-evaluation-of-Nebraska-football-program-109872209

“Give me five years and tell me your opinion. That’s all I’ve got to say. I didn’t come here to go 6 and 6. That’s one thing. The other thing is you can’t do it over night. The third thing, I’m still learning about the last transition and what was here with regards to players and all that kind of thing. I go back to my thing earlier. If it’s dormant, it can come back to life because the brand is solid.”

Edited by BIG ERN
  • Plus1 1

43 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

https://nebraska.247sports.com/Article/Nebraska-athletic-director-Bill-Moos-details-his-evaluation-of-Nebraska-football-program-109872209

“Give me five years and tell me your opinion. That’s all I’ve got to say. I didn’t come here to go 6 and 6. That’s one thing. The other thing is you can’t do it over night. The third thing, I’m still learning about the last transition and what was here with regards to players and all that kind of thing. I go back to my thing earlier. If it’s dormant, it can come back to life because the brand is solid.”

This comment makes me a little nervous. But no worries because our football program isn’t dormant it’s nigh dead!

48 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

As far as last transition didn't someone post that we returned 17 starters from Bo's 9 win team? No pro style QB, well we have one now? Is he learning about the dreaded toxins? Is anything better then 6-6 keep Riley? Maybe he views 5-7 in the first year as unacceptable so he wants to look at the transition? The transition comment causes me concern

This made me comfortable.  I think we are going to be fine wt Moos' selection - Scott Frost or not.

You have to listen to the fans, and especially these fans, they are very passionate and some are very knowledgable, especially former players and those who have been involved in the program,” Moos said. “That’s good. Those are all good signs. I know a little about football and having been around it all my life and major college football for a great part of it, I know what to look for. I know what could be a snag here or there. That’s why I wanted to make sure I went on that trip. I won’t be doing a lot of glad-handing on Saturday. I’m going to be observing some more of it.

and this:

“Certainly if there is going to be a coaching change, you had better have things lined up,” Moos said. “These days of a 45-day search and 22-person search committees, you’re going to be left in the dust. All the good ones are going to be gone.”

“As far as football goes, this is my fourth program, and all three of the ones before weren’t even close to the shape this one is in right now and look at them now — by the time we left they were winning championships or darn close to it. So, we’ll have some fun.

3 minutes ago, I.M. OLD said:

I read it as give HIM 5 years not give RILEY 5 years. Sounds like he wants to hire another coach and give him 4-5 years to put it together.

agree. That is my take.  He said he didn't come here to go 6-6.  In otherwords he expects a big turn around quickly.  Check back in 5 years and then make a judgement on how well his replacement did. 

• Plus1 2