Moos begins evaluation of Husker program

BIG ERN

Just now, Pedro Guerrero said:

Does anyone think this?

Surprisingly, yes! (But not me!) Go over to the thread where they are comparing Riley and Brian Kelly! Whoo! I got my head bit off over there. This one guy thinks the team is just young and it's got a bright future-we just need to be patient!  I said, 'We got beat by a MAC team who was just totalled by another MAC team-Toledo! ' It is time for a change! Good grief. MR is a veteran coach who brought his whole staff with him. He is known to have done more with less. Well, sorry Charlie but he had everything here and we're regressing!  

• Plus1 3

We really need to find out what's going wrong and why. Hard to see it at this point, but maybe Moos and Riley come to some agreements on a direction for the program and then tell us in such a way that we have confidence things are going to change. Even if we have to change the coach, we need to know why Coach Riley didn't work out so that we don't repeat the same mistake. Maybe the information we gather will lead us to hire Frost or lead us to hiring someone else other than Frost. It's a process and that's the hard part about all of this. The process doesn't involve fans directly and can be extremely frustrating. We all want to see results. Truth is that the product we see on the field is the result of strategy and decisions made well before any season starts and deep within the football offices where none of us fans have access.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

I think we may need to tear it down to rebuild.  Problem is that is what I thought Riley was doing the first year.  Now I know he was just trying to put a band aid on everything.

Well I think Riley was trying to make improvements, he simply does not have the coaching aptitude to do it.  We have the talent for a good coach to come in and immediately make us more competitive against the best competition...it would like take 2 to 3 years to win the West, but with the right coach, next year we should not be dominated by Ohio State and Wisconsin like we typically are.

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, tmfr15 said:

We really need to find out what's going wrong and why. Hard to see it at this point, but maybe Moos and Riley come to some agreements on a direction for the program and then tell us in such a way that we have confidence things are going to change. Even if we have to change the coach, we need to know why Coach Riley didn't work out so that we don't repeat the same mistake. Maybe the information we gather will lead us to hire Frost or lead us to hiring someone else other than Frost. It's a process and that's the hard part about all of this. The process doesn't involve fans directly and can be extremely frustrating. We all want to see results. Truth is that the product we see on the field is the result of strategy and decisions made well before any season starts and deep within the football offices where none of us fans have access.

easy answer to what went wrong, and the short answer is Riley is a career mess of a coach and should never have been hired based on that fact alone-long answer but still a simple concept is the hiring of Eichorst by Perlman, who hired an aging sub-par coach was basically looking to get out of a mess in Miami, and before that there was Pedo boy replacing another wining coach with a last minute replacement who wasn't a fit in style or substance, were colossal blunders that started this thing- lots of other common threads between the two but hey its been dissected a million times- but the common denominator was old Harv, and while we're at it, you might say if old Harv would have kept his mouth shut on Bo's sideline blow-up and just let the AD at the time handle it in private, maybe that whole situation wouldn't have escalated to the point it did.

Harv the destroyer is gone now so at least there is hope

• Plus1 2

8 hours ago, ladyhawke said:

Surprisingly, yes! (But not me!) Go over to the thread where they are comparing Riley and Brian Kelly! Whoo! I got my head bit off over there. This one guy thinks the team is just young and it's got a bright future-we just need to be patient!

Yeah, there's still some who have themselves convinced that Riley is an amazing recruiter. Because what top athlete doesn't want to play for a loser of a coach? We should hang onto Riley just so he can bring in his 50th-ranked recruiting class!

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, MKMScat20 said:

Unfortunately the U is still paying Harv the Destroyer a consultant fee of around $200,000 I believe.

I just look at it as money well worth the investment for getting his ass out of power- he was a hater of Nebraska Football because it made him look exactly what he is: a small fragile and insecure petty man with an ego that'd never match his delusional self image and meretricious act of doucebaggery 

• Plus1 1
19 hours ago, tmfr15 said:

If you teach the OLine how to block, and the D how to tackle, we would be a 8 win team this season. Run the 4-3 and have linebackers that understood what to do and we would/ could win 9. We are not ready for OSU or PSU, but not that far of Wi with above changes. P.S. dont throw pick 6's into the flats on 3rd and 2.

Edited by I.M. OLD