Moos begins evaluation of Husker program

BIG ERN

8 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

With today's loss, I seriously don't see how Mike Riley isn't fired at the end of the season.

I have no ill will towards Riley personally, but he has got to go.

I actually do have ill will towards Riley.  The narrative when he was hired was that he would come in, stabilize the program, be the anti-Bo and help unify husker nation, be competitive, and then retire after a couple years, but with the program better off then when he took over.  He was handed a great opportunity and completely messed it up.  I will offer him no thanks when he is let go at the end of the season and will hope he chokes on all of the severance money he will receive.  His tenure has been a sh%t storm of game and roster mismanagement, lack of player development, and his reliance on crappy assistant coaches. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Pasadena Husker said:

I actually do have ill will towards Riley.  The narrative when he was hired was that he would come in, stabilize the program, be the anti-Bo and help unify husker nation, be competitive, and then retire after a couple years, but with the program better off then when he took over.  He was handed a great opportunity and completely messed it up.  I will offer him no thanks when he is let go at the end of the season and will hope he chokes on all of the severance money he will receive.  His tenure has been a sh%t storm of game and roster mismanagement, lack of player development, and his reliance on crappy assistant coaches. 

No argument from me on any of your points.  I just think it would be better to can him anx move on with the less said the better.

6 minutes ago, Pasadena Husker said:

I don't hate Riley.  He took advantage of a bad decision by an inept AD.  I'm not sure if he thought he was a good enough coach to succeed at Nebraska or not.  He knows who he is now and has a nice going away gift from Nebraska.  Price of hiring an incompetent AD.

8 hours ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

If the offensive line could block we wouldn't be having these types of discussions.

The 4-3 isn't going to happen as long as Diaco is the defensive coordinator and Riley wants the 3-4 also. We just need the right bodies for the 3-4.

that's the main thing............the 3 down guys need to be war horses to make it work.

6 minutes ago, San Diego Husker said:

MR has a chance at 5-7 season but he has to beat a Mediocre MN team that is less mediocre than NU (by a lot).  while I hope I am wrong, I suspect Purdue was the last win of the season for NU.

My guess is we beat MN and Riley record at NU ends up being, appropriately, 20-20

Riley was always called a nice guy.  Someone you'd want your kids to play for.  I never heard him described as a winner, a go getter or great coach....

Its painfully obvious why.  Mr .500  Nothing more, nothing less.

Even if fired today, he walks away with more $ for no job than Im guessing anyone on this board would make in a lifetime.  See ya.