Moos begins evaluation of Husker program

BIG ERN

55 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I wonder if Moos is thinking this...OSU beat Nebraska by 42, and Iowa just beat OSU by 31, so does that mean Iowa beats Nebraska by 73. :)

Nebraska beat Purdue by 1 who beat Minnesota by 14 who bean MTSU by 31 who beat Syracuse by 7 who beat Pitt by 3 who beat Duke by 7 who beat Northwestern by 24 who beat Iowa by 7. So we should win 229-135.  

proof

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, mitchp said:

Nebraska beat Purdue by 1 who beat Minnesota by 14 who bean MTSU by 31 who beat Syracuse by 7 who beat Pitt by 3 who beat Duke by 7 who beat Northwestern by 24 who beat Iowa by 7. So we should win 229-135.  

proof

Dude learn to take a joke.  If you are supportive of Riley that's ok but the writing is on the wall. He was brought in a few years ago because the program had become "Iowa."  I would venture to guess that many Husker fans wish we could have manhandled Ohio State the way Iowa did today.

1 hour ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Dude learn to take a joke.  If you are supportive of Riley that's ok but the writing is on the wall. He was brought in a few years ago because the program had become "Iowa."  I would venture to guess that many Husker fans wish we could have manhandled Ohio State the way Iowa did today.

Oh, you were joking? My bad.

23 hours ago, Pasadena Husker said:

I actually do have ill will towards Riley.  The narrative when he was hired was that he would come in, stabilize the program, be the anti-Bo and help unify husker nation, be competitive, and then retire after a couple years, but with the program better off then when he took over.  He was handed a great opportunity and completely messed it up.  I will offer him no thanks when he is let go at the end of the season and will hope he chokes on all of the severance money he will receive.  His tenure has been a sh%t storm of game and roster mismanagement, lack of player development, and his reliance on crappy assistant coaches. 

He did all of that except for get on the field results. I guess I'm confused - was Mike Riley the one that told us that narrative? Is it his fault that that was the expectation, or that Eichorst hired him? 

Doesn't really make sense to personally have disdain for a human being for accepting a prestigious job for a ton of money and doing the best they can at it.

• Plus1 1
23 hours ago, Landlord said:

He did all of that except for get on the field results. I guess I'm confused - was Mike Riley the one that told us that narrative? Is it his fault that that was the expectation, or that Eichorst hired him? 

Seriously?

I don't know for certain.......but I have a strong feeling there is more than one quote from Mike Riley from around the time he was hired saying something about "understanding expectations"  or "embracing expectations" at Nebraska.

.........though if he said it, it probably falls under the same category as his desire to be in the top 3 in the league in rushing.

I'm sure I'm reading way too much into Riley's response to a question about recruiting at today's presser.  But it seems like the word "our" gives this statement a different feel than if it was "this".

“The one thing that we are doing as a stuff is we are going forward with the things that we are supposed to do,” Riley said. “Coach our team and recruit the next one. So that’s what we are focusing on.

HOL

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

I'm sure I'm reading way too much into Riley's response to a question about recruiting at today's presser.  But it seems like the word "our" gives this statement a different feel than if it was "this".

HOL

“The one thing that we are doing as a stuff is we are going forward with the things that we are supposed to do,” Riley said. “Coach our team and recruit the next one. So that’s what we are focusing on.

“We have put a ton of time into this ’18 class and like you mentioned we had a number of real good visitors this past weekend and a lot of success with that ’18 group as we have gone forward, and we are going to continue to recruit those guys and hopefully get them signed in December.

“So, we are doing exactly what our job description describes. Coach our team and recruit our next one and that’s what we do all the time.”

Almost sounds like he and the staff are doing what's required of the job.  Maybe I'm reading too much as well, but sounds like he knows he's gone.  Just trying to leave in the most professional manner possible and possibly "leave NU better than he found it".....

33 minutes ago, lo country said:

“So, we are doing exactly what our job description describes. Coach our team and recruit our next one and that’s what we do all the time.”

"Job description describes".  Odd thing to say.  Moos may have not told Riley he is gone but definitely told him what is expected of him the next few weeks if he didn't want to be fired for cause by not meeting his obligations specified in his contract.