Moos and Black Friday

Does anyone else get the feeling that shortly after he gets this HC thing figured out, Moos is about to make a big move with BF?

A few things that he has said since hired, have given me strong indication that he fully intends to go after an Annual series with Oklahoma and he intends for it to be played on Black Friday.

Here are some of the things that lead me to believe this.

1. One of his first comments after getting the job, Moos talked about his love for the OU-NU game on BF when he was growing up. Says it painted a big picture about Nebraska back then.

2. Moos has been briefed on BF and knows the fan base is crazy about it. (Doing something like this would win over the fan base in a heartbeat).

3. Radio interview comments about pitching to recruits. Need a true rival. Made it sound like right now we don't have one. This would definitely bring that back for NU. 

I could be wrong, but I don't think OU is in love with finishing their season with WV. If Nebraska could get the B1G on board with a little schedule swapping (already started B1G play in week 1 in 2020, which tells me the B1G is willing to play ball on this.)

If both programs want it, it could happen. Plus it might just create a Segway for OU to eventually join the B1G.

• Plus1 3

Aren't we already set to play OU as a non-conference game starting in like 2020?  Why couldn't it be scheduled on Black Friday.  I would SO love that!  Hasn't there already been rumblings about expanding the B1G? OU, KS and Iowa St.  That would be great!  I really miss those old Big 8 teams, especially Oklahoma!

1 hour ago, ScottyIce said:

Does anyone else get the feeling that shortly after he gets this HC thing figured out, Moos is about to make a big move with BF?

A few things that he has said since hired, have given me strong indication that he fully intends to go after an Annual series with Oklahoma and he intends for it to be played on Black Friday.

Here are some of the things that lead me to believe this.

1. One of his first comments after getting the job, Moos talked about his love for the OU-NU game on BF when he was growing up. Says it painted a big picture about Nebraska back then.

2. Moos has been briefed on BF and knows the fan base is crazy about it. (Doing something like this would win over the fan base in a heartbeat).

3. Radio interview comments about pitching to recruits. Need a true rival. Made it sound like right now we don't have one. This would definitely bring that back for NU. 

I could be wrong, but I don't think OU is in love with finishing their season with WV. If Nebraska could get the B1G on board with a little schedule swapping (already started B1G play in week 1 in 2020, which tells me the B1G is willing to play ball on this.)

If both programs want it, it could happen. Plus it might just create a Segway for OU to eventually join the B1G.

You're reaching.. 

• Plus1 8

Didn't OSU open with Indiana this year in week 1? Maybe it was week 0 but either way that right there tells me moving a conference game to a typical non con week wouldn't be a problem. Theoretically it would be pretty easy for OU to clear black Friday as well. Are there any out of state interconference rivalries that play yearly outside of notre dame games?

Edited by Nebfanatic

14 minutes ago, FlipPhone said:

Why would that be a hindrance?  Some SEC/ACC teams play their last games against the other conference -- Georgia/GA Tech,  Florida/FSU, Clemson/South Carolina.  It's not unprecedented.

Should really prefaced by saying THE two conferences involved.  The Big XII without a conference title game won’t give up their bell cow on the final weekend and the B1G is stuck in the past to allow such a non traditional game late in the year